Quote Originally Posted by losin View Post
I think it's 12 weeks. The only thing I can think of is I've been eating a lot of junk food over the past week.
While there is growing evidence that the gut and its microbes can have a significant impact on mental health, I don't think eating junk food for a week would make a huge difference.

It looks like 40mg fluoxetine may not be enough. If the current state continues then you basically have 3 options, increase the fluoxetine dose to 60mg, add a small dose of *buspirone (Buspar) - if you can get your GP to prescribe it which may not happen as the NHS is apparently not a fan - or switch to something else. If switching then I'd suggest either citalopram (Celexa), or one of the TCAs such as amitriptyline, or imipramine. Citalopram has a reasonably good record for working when another SSRI has pooped-out, but personally I'd try a TCA. Your GP would probably prefer to follow the NHS guidelines and prescribe either venlafaxine, or mirtazapine, but they'd be toward the bottom of my list.

* buspirone is a GAD specific med which works for some, but not most, however, it has a proven record for boosting the effectiveness of serotonergic ADs and reinvigorating those which have pooped-out. It may also ease some SSRI side-effects such as sexual dysfunction.