Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Approx 3 weeks 4 days for me, i'm on 40mg. The last two days my anxiety is a lot less intense, still getting racing thoughts at night. Woke up this morning feeling really depressed. Really hope I feel better soon, i've been like this for 14 months.

Thanks Blue for your kind words of encouragement. You are right- I know what to expect now. Feeling a little brighter today and have just taken my second dose of 40mg.

Hi Arose. I am on 56 days of fluoxetine and have just upped my dose to 40mg and am on day 2. I'm so glad you are seeing a chink of hope- I have had days and weeks amongst the 8 weeks that have been really good. I just need some stability in my mood now!

I find the wake-up terrors the absolute worst part of this so I can relate. I wake up every morning with every muscle clenched and that horrible sick, anxious terror-filled stomach feeling. It's hard to describe isn't it!

Hi Peachy, hope you've had a good day. I had a bad night last night with dread/despair, anxiety and intrusive thoughts. Today I woke up feeling slight anxiety and derealization, but my mood has been really good. I've also noticed my fight or flight response isn't so intense. I'm hoping I will have another good day tomorrow!

Hey everybody, this thread has been great to follow and has really boosted my confidence to keep going. I suffer from Panic disorder, depression, and depersonalization/derealization. I am currently on 20mg prozac and I am on week 9. Weeks 1-4 are the absolute worst, If you're going through that stage now i feel sorry for you, i know how bad it can be but just keep going! I have slowly gotten better and better. Slowly. Some days I have feelings where I'm almost normal for a little while and then some days are just awful. The side effects of prozac still get me most mornings (upset stomach) but they've become less severe. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in with this awesome community, keep up the fight everybody, try not to let the bad days get you down too much

---------- Post added at 09:59 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Peachy at week 8-9 I've had a few days in a row where it feels like the "first couple of weeks feeling" too, I'm still trying to stick it out with the 20mg for now, please keep all of us updated with your journey with 40mg please. Best of luck everybody, I'll try to keep everyone updated with my progress as well

Hi Arose, hi Kenney! So glad you are having some better days Arose. I hate my fight or flight response- can they not just surgically remove it?!

It's very encouraging to hear that you are still having blips too at 8-9 weeks- I have been really worried it was just me and that this wasn't going to work! I am on day 58 of Fluoxetine and day 4 of my increase to 40mg. Today I have been feeling very low in mood, and woke up with my usual horrible feeling of terror. I think once I get through the first ten days of the increase I will hopefully be over the worst, and it's not been as bad as the start-up although it's not pleasant!

I wish peachy, I would be first in line for that surgery lol I'm on day 64 so i'm right with you. I still wake up anxious and have an upset stomach. The blips can still be very bad where the anxiety/depression can take over and the thoughts that always go through my mind are "this stuff isn't working and I'm never getting better." and Arose I'm glad to hear you're having some good days. Don't let the bad ones discourage you too much. Keep up the fight everybody

Hi all,

Just hit week 10 and have had some really good days but had a bad last couple. Like you all I always think this is a huge step back but it is just another blip and if I really analyse it, the blip is not really as bad as before.

I never realised I was so impatient!! It took me a long time to get down and will probably take longer to get up but I need to wait.

Can I ask if any of you have lost weight? I lost about a stone and look awful ( not helping the whole feel better thing) but can't seem to keep any weight I put on on. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be big but I definitely don't want to get smaller.

Keep in touch all, it's great to share your experience and realise we are not alone.

Love Blue x

Hey bluehair, I'm right behind you on week 9, I agree the blips are awful and it's hard but we have to remember how far we've come. I also lost weight, slightly more than you have, but i was also overweight, but since my appetite has slowly come back i still have not gained any of the weight back. I'm sure once you're healthy and your body gets completely used to the medicine that you'll gain the weight back. You are not alone, keep up the fight, keep us updated, we'll all get through this together

Hi kenney4

I hope you dont mind me jumping in here, im just reading everyones progress on flu. Im finding all the info and positive comments very helpful.

I too have lost a lot of weight 16 kilos since i first fell ill with anxiety after a gall bladder operation. People say im looking great, i know i needed to lose weight, but id rather be plump and feel happy and relaxed and enjoying life. I say thanks, i just wish i felt great too. I dont have a big support group, and i try not to dump my emotions on friends, hence my visit to nmp.
    So i thank you and all the other kind people here, we are all stronger than we realise and we can reach that special happy life again!

Hey cazzam, thanks for sharing that with us, are you currently taking flux as well? How far along are you? I wish nothing but the best for you and we'll all get through this tough time together.

Page 11 of 83 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information