Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Hi all,

Day 60 Fluoxetine here with 6 days at 40mg increase. Still feel like s***. What's so hard is that I felt completely myself for nearly two weeks and then the blip happened. I'm guessing I need to give the increase time to work as well as letting myself get to the 12 wk mark which is when we are supposed to see improvements.

Glad to have you guys alongside me through this tortuous process. I'm finding the waking terrors the absolute hardest part of this process, with the nausea and tight stomach coming in second. I'm so tired as I have been waking at 6 every day and having to get up straight away as the anxiety is so bad.

Sorry I'm being a but negative today! Love to you all x

Hi everyone, I've hit the 4 week mark today! The last 2-3 days I've felt back to my normal self, no anxiety or dread, no intrusive thoughts. Woke up this morning and felt the horrible dread, dark feeling. However, I am enjoying things and look forward to things again.

Sorry to hear you're having another blip Peachy, 2 weeks is really good though, it's just the bad days can make us feel like we are back to square one.

Hey Peachy, sorry to hear that you're struggling so much right now, if it makes you feel any better, it sounds like your major issues as of right now are the side effects of the 40mg. (Poor sleep and nausea) Remember you just doubled your dose on your body, which is fine, but your body needs to adjust to it. Unfortunately that means you may feel like "week 3-4" for a little while. I'm on day 66 of 20mg and I'm still having a few sleep issues like waking up scared/sweating, and feeling awful stomach pain/nausea in the morning. So what you're going through is normal, just to a greater effect because of the 40mg. Just make sure you're staying hydrated and eating when you can because your body needs the energy because it's working overtime. We all understand your struggle, please try to stay positive during the hard times, we'll get through this together ok? Keep on fighting.

Arose that's great to hear, you'll slowly look forward to doing some of your favorite things more and more, keep your head up and stay positive

Hi all.
    Thanks for all your comments on here... it's great to know there are like minded people and we are going through the same things if not at the same time.

I have tried to work through my last nearly 11 weeks on flu and feel that maybe this is hindering my recovery. One of the hardest things I find is making decisions even as simply as 'what shall I wear today', so preparing for and carrying out a date teaching is exhausting. It's all that false enthusiasm and trying to hold down the panic whilst holding down the job. I'm just trying to decide whether to cut down my hours, give up work altogether to give myself time to heal.

Your experiences here would be gratefully received.

Much love Blue x

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

*carrying out a day teaching (not date!)

Hey bluehair, that's such a tough call, I think you have to make that decision on your own judgement. But all of us here know how unbearable work can be while suffering from anxiety/depression. I tried for a few weeks but it was almost impossible to focus at work and it seemed to be triggering my anxiety/panic attacks. I was lucky enough to have a job that gave me time off to fully recover. Best of luck on whichever road you choose, but we'll be here for you no matter what road you take. Keep us updated please, keep fighting

Thanks for all the support and pep talks everyone! I agree that it helps to have a group of us who are all in it together. I'm on day 61 and 7 days into my increase. Horrific morning again but feeling quite energetic and refreshed right now.

Regarding work- I've been signed off since Oct, and will prob be off til at least mid-Feb depending on how the next few weeks go. I guess the question is whether or not you like your job Blue- if you do then get signed off and go back in a couple of months. I'm having a phased return when I go back. The only real bummer is that statutory sick pay is so so low- we have nearly halved our income at the mo. Fortunately we have some savings and my husband is very supportive.

Just had news this morning that my grandma is dying. She is 96 and has stomach and ovarian cancer. Going to see her tmrw but worried about driving from here (Exeter) to London. I'm just going to have to force myself- I can't bear not seeing her one last time!

hey gang, I'm on day 67 and having a bad blip day, the anxiety grabbed me this morning and just won't let go and i have zero appetite. I'm doing my best to stay positive though. On a good note, I have not had ANY side effects of prozac in 3 days, I think that's the longest? but I'm also having negative thoughts and doubts about the medicine, ugh these blips... Peachy im sorry to hear about your grandma, I'm wishing you the best of luck today and safe travels. I'm glad to hear you're doing ok on 40mg, PLEASE keep us updated on your journey with 40mg, because I may be heading down that road in a few weeks. Best of luck everybody, keep fighting.

Thinking of you P.P. drive steady. xxx
    Kenney!!! I agree those bloody blips. It's hard to keep positive and fight on, but 60 plus days on we are better than we were even if we're not as good as we want to be.

Try and have a good weekend everyone whatever you're doing and be kind to yourself

Much love B. x

Hi Blue, I can't imagine how tough it must be to hold down a job whilst struggling with anxiety/depression. I hope things get better for you soon.

So sorry to hear about your nan Peachy. Hopefully the flu will kick in over the next few weeks and your mornings will be better.

Hi Kenney, I'm having another blip day today, it's so difficult to stay positive isn't it? I'm glad the side effects have eased, hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

I'm really proud of myself today. I haven't been on the bus for 3 weeks because the last two times I had awful panic attacks on there and I felt trapped. Today I went to meet a friend for coffee and cake in town. I was only a bit anxious, but no panic attacks! I really feel the meds are working with the anxiety symptoms. I managed to stay calm without my anxiety leading to a panic attack. Can't believe i've done it.
    I'm feeling dread again tonight and having some intrusive thoughts, though. 4 weeks 1 day on 40mg!

Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread Information