Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Arose that's great news! Sounds like you're really making some great rapid progress so far. How has your derealization been? Mine is still lingering, but it's slowly getting better. Stay positive because you are making some big improvements. Good luck with the 40mg, keep us updated on how that goes. Keep fighting

Thanks Kenney! The derealization is a strange one, it seems to always be there but when i'm out in public or anxious it's more noticeable. It's sort of like a hyper-vigilance and over-awareness of my surroundings.

hey all, day 68 and i'm having another bad day. No side effects, just pure constant panic/anxiety. blah. I'm wondering if i am in the same shoes as peachy and the dose I'm on isn't enough. I hope everybody is having a good weekend. keep fighting.

Sorry to hear that Kenney. I was on 20mg for about a month but I felt even worse so went up to 40mg. I was on that dose a few years ago and it worked for about 8 years! It stopped working though so I switched to Zoloft, but that stopped working after just a year, so now I'm back on Prozac.

I'm on day 30, didn't have a great morning as I was feeling the horrible dread again. It lifted towards the evening and I even managed to take my mums dog for a walk on a different route! I've never taken him that far before, so i'm happy about that.

Hi all. Hope you are all keeping your chin up! I am on day 63 fluoxetine (9weeks), and have been on 40mg for 9 days.

I feel like total crap. The last couple of days depression has been my most troublesome symptom, and I don't even suffer from depression- anxiety is my main enemy! I've also got very dry eyes that feel so droopy and tired- I see this is a side-effect but I didn't have it the first time round. It feels like this will never end. I've been suffering since September and I'm so so tired. The mornings are the worst still, with that terrible waking doom.

I'm hanging in there for the long haul but it's so so hard!

hey everybody, Arose you seem to making great improvements, remember to stay positive during those tough mornings, i understand how bad they can be, but your progression sounds great so far.
    Peachy you seem to be fighting some major side effects, which is normal for the 40mg switch, i used to get real dry eyes during the first couple of weeks on 20mg so that's a normal side effect of prozac. As far as the depression goes I can relate to that as well, my main enemy is anxiety as well, but I'll still have crying spells because I'll feel dread, dispair, and wonder "am i ever going to get better?" Our bodies are going through a lot, it's ok to let it all out. We're with you till we beat this.
    -I'm on day 69, 10 weeks starts tomorrow. As you all know the last 2 days were a major setback for me, probably the biggest blip I've had so far, but today thankfully is much better. The anxiety and derealization is low, which is great because my body can actually relax. I still haven't had any side effects from prozac in 4ish days, which is good, i think? The frustration of this process is the worst part, but like all of you know I just need to stay postive and keep pushing foward. Also if any of you are having sleep problems, i've found that looking up "relaxing white noise" on youtube has some great sounds to sleep to, it works for me sometimes. Have a good day everybody, we'll all get through this together. keep fighting.
    "You didn't come this far, to only come this far"

Hi all,

Today is the best morning I've had since I upped my dose. I'm now on day 10 of 40mg, and nine weeks plus altogether.

It's encouraging to see that your blip only lasted a couple of days Kenney. I need to learn how to pass through a blip without crumbling and panicking! We can do this people!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:23 ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 ----------

Arose- forgot to say- that morning waking doom is the worst feeling ever! I can't wait to be rid of it!

I've just ahd a horrible realization which is making me anxious. I usually take 2 x 20mg prozac each morning, but i've just noticed that the new box of prozac has 40mg of each tablet instead of 20mg!!! So I've been taking 80mg of Prozac for the last 10 days :( I don't know what to do?

Hey arose, first thing I would do is ask a doctor, but I think if you just starting taking your normal dose you will be fine. You might have some bad side effects this week from the 80mg, but you'll be fine.
    Peachy that's so great to hear that you're having a good day, please keep us updated during your journey on 40mg. Keep fighting everybody

Oh shit Arose!! Def ring doc. You poor thing- have you been high as a kite this week?

Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread Information