Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Thanks guys! We have GRIT! And GUMPTION!!! You lot are so bloody encouraging - it's lovely.

Thought I'd do a summary of my experience below as I know that's what I have been looking for all the time.

Days 1-7 on 20mg: anxiety so bad that I could hardly stand it- 100 times worse than I felt before I took it. Sickness, diarrhoea, waking really early with the horrors. Lasted all day and eve. Ate nothing.
    Day 8-14 on 20mg: a lot less intense but still very depressed, anxious jittery, almost manic, couldn't sit still. Still waking very early feeling absolutely awful. Still no appetite.
    Day 15-19 on 20mg: Not great. Very bad mornings still. Start relaxing at 4pm and no anxiety from 8pm. All gastric side effects still present but some relief now in evenings.
    Day 20-23 on 20mg: Much better in arvo and evening. Still anxious in mornings but more manageable. Still having waking terror but not as badly. No appetite.
    Day 23-30: Feeling loads better, sleeping better, but still have diarrhoea and feel sick. Anxious in mornings but gone by lunch.
    Day 30-37: Feeling great- completely back to normal but better- loads of energy and appetite back.
    Day 38: A bad day. Side effects back and feel anxious and depressed.
    Day 39-53: felt fantastic. Better than ever.
    Day 54-55: Terrible. Anxious, depressed, waking early feeling awful. Back to square one. Visit doc and she increases my dose to 40mg so I've always needed higher doses in the past.
    Day 1-6 on 40mg: Awful. All side effects back and some new ones. My eyes keep drooping shut, have headaches that aren't relieved by pain meds, dry eyes, dry mouth, diarrhoea, sickness, no appetite, hard to swallow. Anxiety and depression very high.
    Day 7-10 on 40mg: felt a bit better. Bit brighter. Side effects still present.
    Day 11-13: Awful again. As day 1-6.
    Day 15-17: much better but really bad mornings still and waking early feeling awful.
    Day 18-19: Worst days on 40mg. Feel absolutely awful. Terrible headache, dry eyes and mouth, derealisation, falling asleep on my feet, sickness, diarrhoea, no eating at all and bad bad anxiety and depression.
    Day 20: Today- feeling a bit better. Woke up feeling really bad but once I got going I felt better. No appetite and nausea still there but nowhere near like yesterday. Feel uncomfortable in my own skin but am coping. Feel like I am suffering more with the side effects today that my my actual illness.

Will continue this diary when I am fully better!

hey all, almost at 12 weeks, and almost a week on 40mg, mornings are still tough with anxiety, headaches, and a little nausea. I'm still extremely tired all day and my brain is in a constant fog, but i'm staying positive and hoping all of this passes in the upcoming weeks. keep fighting everybody, have a great weekend

Hi all

Thanks so much for all your posts they've really helped me with my Fluoxetine journey. & a particular thanks to Peachypips for the summary above which is really useful.

I'm on 20mg for anxiety and this is day 19. I've had most of the normal SE's but for the last few days my anxiety has been horrendous. Just back from my GP's who offered to swap me to something else but I said I wanted to try and stick with it after what I'd read on here. She said those people sound like the real experts so lets stick with 20mg for now and see how it goes.

Thanks again and I'll update as I go.
    Last edited by Panicer; 27-01-17 at 23:04.

Hi Panicer! Totally totally normal to have anxiety like you have at this stage. A lot of people seem to find week three the worst. If your anxiety is worse than it was before you started then it's side-effects, and they will disappear in time. It will prob take 12 weeks and during that time you will have good weeks and bad days in clumps. I find I have dips for about 3-4 days every two weeks. This scared me at first but now I'm aware of it I can get through it without the terror of a relapse! All the best- keep on here, it helps! We'll drag each other through!

Hi Panicer,

Welcome to the forum . This is a great bunch of encouraging people who seems to say the right things to lift you when you feel like you can't go on.

I'm nearly on Week 13 and as peachy says week 3 is a bummer...I can't believe how slow the recovery is on fluoxetine yet although I'm not fully recovered, I know that I will be and I can't wait.😊

If you can, be kind to yourself and most of all be patient ( a hard lesson I have had to learn). Good times will come and you will get better. 'All good things come to those who wait'
    Keep believing

Much love
    Blue. xxx

hey Panicer, I agree with what everyone is saying, it's all about patience, believe me i know you're sick of hearing that but it's true, don't let the bad days get you down too much. What you're going through is completely normal. Try to make sure to drag yourself out of bed every day, try to keep busy, maybe find a new hobby or something, watch funny movies, stay positive! we'll all get through this together

Hi Peachy, Kenny and Bluehair.

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. It's great to hear from people that have actually gone through this that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that my increased anxiety is completely normal. I've barely been able to sit down today and have had real waves of panic rising up every few minutes.

I'm convinced however with your and all the other lovely people on NMP help we can all get through it.

Hi everyone I'm on day 28 of taking the 20mg fluoxetine and yesterday and today I have had really bad panics thinking I can't do this anymore...

This is why I went on them in the first place because I kept thinking I had had enough and couldn't keep going on because worry was taking over my life.

I have had some days when iv felt a bit better and managed to go work but then twice a week the thoughts of I cannot do this anymore come back.

I'm trying to hang on in but it's so draining I haven't had any enjoyment in about 32 days and never sleep very good.

I feel like I will never get better because I have no answers how to fix my worries and the problem will never be resolved.

Avm,
    When I first started Fluoxetine for mild depression and anxiety, I started with 10mg for the first week, 20 mg for the next two weeks, and gradually worked up to 40mg which finally gave me some relief. I experienced severe loss of appetite, insomnia, nausea, nervousness for the first 8-10 weeks of being on fluoxetine, until I reached my optimum dose of 40mg. I kept a daily log and shared it with my doctor every couple of weeks, which helped him prescribe my dosage accurately.
    I would like to say - many of us have been where you are and have seen the light at the end of the tunnel eventually. Keep a daily log of how you are feeling and share this with your doctor regularly, we're here to help you keep your spirits up until you feel better!
    Last edited by JennyLil; 30-01-17 at 11:04. Reason: typo

Thanks for the reply Jenny it means a lot.

When I feel a bit better it feels so nice but then I almost drag myself back down by worrying again and I feel like things iv never questioned before become a main worry for example I keep questioning if I love my partner and that makes me worse because iv never doubted this before.

This has all been triggered by buying my first home and moving out of my parents for the first time which I have had to move back to leaving my partner at our house alone so whenever I feel a bit better I start worrying again thinking I need to go up the house and scared I'll feel worse again even though at the minute I'm nearly the lowest iv ever felt.

I'm on 80mg of propanol as well as the 20mg of fluoxetine and have started seeing a private counsellor but about three times now iv hit rock bottom and nothing I do seems to help and I really beat myself up about things and cannot control it. All this scares me because iv never felt like this before buying a house.

Thanks

Page 17 of 83 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread Information