Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Avm you have to remember that your brain is completely stressed and tired from anxiety, your outlook on everything will be negative until you start to get better, I woundnt make any major life decisions yet, especially with your partner, I'd wait until you're a little more clear headed. You'll get there, I've been where you have been before. It's no fun, but I promise you'll get there.
    Panicer I'm glad you had such an awesome day, I'm sure it was hard to get through but think about how strong you are now for doing it. You're lucky you had a good GP, mine had no idea what I was talking about, I had to look up that derealization is just an anxiety symptom, for a while I was scared about it, now I just want it to go away lol. It's slowly fading but it's the longest lasting symptom I have, Have a great weekend everyone.

Hi all- sorry I haven't checked in for ages. I'm 11 weeks 5 days on Flu, 82 days, and 3 weeks 6 days of that have been on 40mg.

Had three days of unpleasant side effects- no appetite, nauseous, tummy pain, waking early, shakes, teeth clenching. Thankfully today was better. I seem to have three day blips every ten days, but now I know what to expect so it doesn't alarm me as much!

Hope you are all well- if there's anything I haven't answered from the last few pages I'm sorry!

Sorry to hear you've been feeling down Peachypips but good to hear you're feeling a bit brighter.

Avm, that sounds like some good advice from Kenney about not making any major decisions until you're feeling a bit better. Hope you have a better weekend

Thanks all for the help and advise... I have started the day of positive and have wrote down a to do list and have wrote in my diary about my morning so far.

Still keeping with the fluoxetine and the same dosage for now iv decided to definitely stick with it until at least 6 weeks then speak to my GP after then if I'm still not happy with the progress.

Hope everyone try's to enjoy some of the weekend.

Hi all

Avm that's great news about the diary, to do list and positivity

Not been a great day for me, anxiety bouncing of the ceiling but trying to be like Avm and stay positive.

Day 27 20mg

Avm and Panicer, you guys are doing great, keep staying positive. Peachy always great to hear from you, keep on fighting those side effects. I'm on 2 weeks since my 40mg increase and this morning I had just a little anxiety and my brain is still fuzzy/in a fog and i'm still very tired all the time. Still waiting for that 40 to kick in I guess, have a great night everybody

Hi all,

Sorry not written this week but being back to work has been quite tiring. It went really well though and haven't upped my meds yet.

Been checking in to see how you are all doing and remember how hard those first couple of months are. It was 12 weeks for me before the mornings started getting easier and the people on this forum kept pushing me on.

It is a really slow recovery but so worth the battle as suddenly you will feel a clearing of the fog and an easing of that constant anxious knot in your belly. Yes some days are still hard but I try to look back on those first few weeks on flu and see i have travelled miles.

Keep doing what your doing cause you're heading in the right direction. They may only be stumbling baby steps forward, but they are forward.

Do something nice for yourself today and try to stay upbeat.

Thinking of you all. Blue. xxx

Does anyone actually have the fluoxetine for worries and thoughts I don't understand how it will help?

Hi All

Avm I'm guessing your worries and thoughts are like mine, symptoms of anxiety? I can get almost constant, totally irrational and worrisome thoughts some days and on others it can be several hours between them.

From what I've read about Fluoxetine on this site and others, Fluoxetine can slowly make the worries and thoughts less intrusive. They can still be there but hopefully not constantly at the front of our minds. That should give us some breathing space to work on the causes of the anxiety, CBT etc? Unfortunately Fluoxetine seems to be a very slow working drug but often quite effective?

I don't think it's touched my anxiety yet, in fact some days it seems worse but I'm just at the end of the four week point today. & as all the great people on here keep pointing out it's early days yet. So I'm hoping in another four to eight weeks we should be seeing some real improvements

Day 28 20mg, slept poorly, very anxious all day so far, back to hospital for more therapy tomorrow.

I'm just really struggling today feel like I've lost all the hope and positivity I had. I feel really lost and stuck and don't know what to do for the best. I have therapy tomorrow also so after speaking to my therapist I'm hoping for some more answers. Day 34 for me on the 20mg fluoxetine and 80mg propanol.

Is it likely that anxiety can make my emotions all confused like if I still love my partner or not because at the minute I can't bare to see him because it makes me feel worse.

Page 21 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread Information