Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Hi Avm

I'd say that anxiety can definitely mess with your emotions and make you confused. I've had days when I've really struggled to do the simplest tasks and could hardly speak to my wife. I'm sure if you mention it to your therapist tomorrow they'll confirm that your brain is just so overloaded trying to deal with your anxiety that it just hasn't got time to cope with the normal things in life. It's probably worth trying to explain it to your partner as well, I'm sure they'll want to help.

I'll see what she says tomorrow. I just want to be back to my normal self iv never had this before iv never felt this bad it's really hard to try and get my head around it all especially when you can feel ok for one day and think your on the road to recovery but then the next day feel so low, down and depressed.

I'm looking forward to work tomorrow because I can talk to the people there who have taken fluoxetine makes me feel better sometimes, I must drive them crazy always asking questions but I find it reassures me.

The thought of moving out of my parents now after all this petrifies me
    Last edited by Avm; 05-02-17 at 17:58.

It's hard to believe but most of the thoughts and feelings are symptoms of the depression and anxiety. When I have bad days I think everything is terrible. Am very pessimistic, question everything and think that everything is awful. As I've improved this time I have started loving life. It has taken me 12 weeks to feel this well- I'd say 6 weeks is not enough. It takes 30-60 days for Fluoxetine to reach a steady state in the blood stream so 8-12 weeks is far more realistic. It only starts to work well after its reached that steady state.

I still have days of side effects like I did last week, but it is much less and my mood is very good on the whole. My anxiety is completely gone which I never thought possible. I have loads of energy, feel clear-headed and very positive. The only thing left is the side effects, which only crop up for a couple of days every two weeks, and include nausea, tiredness, headache, diarrhoea, dry eyes and mouth. Mental symptoms are now gone.

I am on exactly 12 weeks today, with 4 weeks 1 day of that on 40mg. I am going back to work next week on a phased return, eek!

Keep going folks. It WILL get better, even if it means you have to increase or wait 12 weeks. Stay strong!

Wow peachy, that's amazing to hear and gives me so much hope, I'm so glad the increase worked so well for you and I can only hope it works as good for me as well. Seriously I am so happy for you, these last 4 weeks you have come so far. This should give everyone out there hope.

Hi All

Peachy that's great new, well done you Just like Kenney you've given me loads of hope.

Had my second day at Psychiatric hospital for therapy today. Hard going but I'm hoping that means it's working.

Day 29 20mg a little less anxious today.

Peachy thanks so much for the positive reply I'm sure everyone agrees with me that it's really nice to read something positive as most people only post when there having a bad day.

I spoke to my doctors today about the meds and he said I can up the dose if I want to but I said I'll give it too at least the 6 week stage and if I still feel no improvement go upto 40mg then.

What sort of therapy are you doing panicer is it cbt

Hi Avm

Yes CBT and some other Psychotherapy, I'll let you know how it goes, early days still.

Good luck! I'm unsure about my therapy iv had four-five sessions now and not really done much except talking but I think she's trying to work out my personality etc to work out what therapy to use

Does anyone know why the mornings are so bad?

As soon as I wake (which is about 4am) all the worries start and I keep going over and over things in my head. Most the time by the Evening I feel a bit better but no where near good.

Today is exactly week 5 for me and it upsets me that I am not better yet and still very low. I am still on the 20mg of fluox and 80mg of propranolol with no increase yet but I rang my doctor yesterday for advise and he has gave me permission to take 2 making it 40mg if I want which has left me a bit confused weather to hold out on the 20mg or take another one increasing it to 40mg.

I feel exactly the same Avm, the moment I wake up I want it to be the end of the day. I'm nearing the end of week 3 and am struggling to concentrate at work. Hope you feel better. I'm on this for anxiety and it's made things 10 times worse.

Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread Information