Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Hi Roman,

I'm on it for depression and anxiety although my doctor and therapist state it's hard to separate the two so it might just be depression I have, it might just be anxiety or it could be both.

I go to bed every night dreading the morning because I know I will wake really early and the negative thoughts and worries will start then I just toss and turn in bed until about 8 then go work. I feel all the thoughts and worries tires me out so much that I struggle to get out of bed.

Hi All

Avm as far as anxiety times of day go, I seem to be the opposite of you and most people? My anxiety seems to get worse as the day goes on. Most mornings I feel not too bad but by the afternoon I'm really struggling. I've definitely found that the less I sleep the worse my anxiety is the next day. So I'm really trying to get back into a decent sleep pattern?

Roman I'm only just ahead of you, just starting week 5 on Fluoxetine. I found my worst time so far, was between days 18 & 23, when I was literally climbing the walls with anxiety. It's eased a little since then, so hopefully yours will do the same.

Day 30 20mg anxious but manageable today.

It's day 36 for me panicer had an ok day today.

What sort of symptoms do you get with your anxiety. I try to do that I go bed at the same time every night but I still wake at different times sometimes I wake at around 3 sometimes it can be around 5 I haven't slept till my alarm for over 40 days

Avm, good to hear you've had an ok day. That's loads of progress from last week

My anxiety symptoms change a bit but normally include ...
    Physical:
    shortness of breath, sweating, dizziness, chest pains
    Mental: thoughts running away, catastrophizing, confusion, impending doom

Although I guess you could argue that all my symptoms are actually mental, as it's my mind causing them.

I would say today has been one of my best days yet which was nice.

All my symptoms are mainly mental I don't really get any of the chest pains, shortness of breath etc all I get physical wise is a burning chest, feeling sick and shivers.

It was exactly 5 weeks for me today 36 days so hoping for more of these ok days

Thanks for the replies!

Day 21 today, awful morning anxiety, actual dread. I'm at work now and feel not too bad, although I'm always just waiting for my mind to kick off. Bad stomach and generally just want to be home in bed. Hope everyone is doing ok today.

I'm having a weird day feel a bit like my old self just quite down and depressed. Feel very tired but hoping this is just the fluox still working and my mood will lift and I will be able to see a bright future because at the minute everything is a mess and I feel confused about what to do.

I feel coming to work helps me because if I stay at home my mind keeps running and running.

Feel the same Avm, there are positives and negatives of being at home / working. I'm identical to you in that I am feeling low and things are looking bleak. I'm finding sleep (when I am not thinking) is my only relief. Hang in there!

Its really annoying that because it is mostly all mental for me I feel like I'm doing this to myself but can not control it. It's like I won't allow myself to get better and keep beating myself up.

Afternoon all!
    Mornings- always the worst. Would wake up with almost a feeling of terror at 4:30 in the morning and not be able to get back to sleep. So weird. I too used to feel better in the eves and dread going to bed as I knew I would be back to square one in the morning.

Good news! This goes over time. I now wake at 7am and get up feeling fine. It must be a side effect I think as everyone seems to get it. So weird what a drug can do to your body.

I too am on this for anxiety and it made it worse for the first 6 ish weeks then slowly got better with blips on the way. I still get some side effects but they are far less troublesome.

Page 23 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread Information