Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Hi Avm, hope you are feeling better today.

If you check out my post from yesterday you will see that how you are feeling is totally normal at this stage on this drug. It really does take a long time to work and 6 weeks isn't long enough to get the full effect.

I know exactly how you feel, I was there myself a very short time ago, but now I feel really great. Once it really kicks in you do feel so much better - even though you just can't imagine it at the moment.

Honestly, I think you have the worst behind you now and better times are around the corner.

It's so tough but stay strong and be kind to yourself.

Take care
    xx

Hi all. Have had a bad couple of days with today being the worst. My blip days are still there! Main symptoms are waking early and twitching about/tossing and turning, head pressure, nausea and really bad joint pain. I have had anxiety and depression the last three days too. This is my classic blip pattern but it doesn't make it any easier. I have just read this whole thread back to myself which has really helped.

Am on 13 weeks 3 days with 5 weeks 4 days of that on 40mg. Argh. Staying strong til the 40mg is at least at 12 weeks. 6 weeks 3 days to go!!

Hi All

Sorry to hear you're having a bad few days Peachpips. I had a great last 3 days and thought I was finally over this, then I came crashing back to normality this morning. My anxiety is through the roof too today but at least I've managed to avoid the depression bit for the moment, sorry you're trying to deal with both of them.

As you've said several times it seems to be a phase of the recovery that we have up and down days, you've been doing great and have been an inspiration to me and others. Hope you feel a bit brighter tomorrow

A great three days and one bad day. I bet a while back you'd have given anything for that kind of ratio

Have you come crashing back to normality or is one bad day more of the exception now rather than the rule? Maybe worth looking at it from that point of view if you can my friend.

No Imagination you're absolutely right! It's really important to stay positive and I'm trying my best

Morning all. Up at 5:30am again this morning. Really really struggling now with this early waking. Those who have come through this- did any of you have this early waking thing and did it go away? I have woken up every morning for ten days now feeling like rubbish. My head is telling me it's a blip but my heart is crying!

Im the same peachy I wake up every morning at around 4-6am and have done for around 50 days now so I feel so tired every day which doesn't really help the depression side of things. Im on day 46 today and have a review with my GP later today so will tell them how Iv been and hopefully will get some reassurance if it's normal how Iv been or not.

Some days are ok but im yet to feel like my old self. Every day I wake and the negative thoughts and worries start sometimes they affect me more then others, I feel tired every day, I feel sick, sometimes have rushes of sweating and warm/tingles in my chest.

Still on the 20mg of fluox and 80mg of propranolol.

Everyone else lets keep fighting! There is so much to do in life and I am exciting to start living again.

Hi all

Peachy I also seem to wake up early every day regardless of how late I go to bed. I also seem to get disturbed by the slightest noise during the night. I'm sure this is due to my senses being hyper vigilant at the moment and hopefully it will wane as my anxiety improves.

Anxiety very heightened for the last two days and I think at least some of this is down to lack of sleep.

Avm glad to hear at least some days are getting better and I will definitely keep fighting too

Iv been doctors and I think she was keen to up my dosage but I said I want to give it more time on the 20mg. Got to go again in 4 weeks for another review then will decide then if I'm on the right dosage.

Feeling really tired today and fed up just want to be able to get on with my life and enjoy things again. Because it's only day 46(6 weeks 3 days) I'm hoping for more improvement.

Does anyone who is further down the line in the recover timeline think it was a good idea for me to stick with the 20mg still?

Hello everyone, I'm on day 101, can you believe it? 101! Well, ready for some big news? I saw my psychiatrist 2 days ago and we discussed a lot, and we decided that prozac wasn't the right med for me. Yes prozac stopped my panic attacks and depression, but the every day derealization was just impacting my daily life too much. So we made the switch to 20mg Lexapro (Escitalopram). (20mg of lexapro is equal to 40mg of prozac.) and she also gave me .5mg of klonopin (Clonazepam). After 2 days of Klonopin I feel better than i've ever felt, I feel almost 100%, they last 8 hours so you have to take one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Also I cant be on them forever because they can be addicting, just until the Lexapro kicks in. Lexapro also reaches a steady state between 7-14 days, unlike prozac which takes 30-60. I'm really excited about this switch and i feel very positive right now. I'll be sure to keep all of you updated!

Page 27 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread Information