Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Hello. Sorry to hear you are struggling so much. I'm not an expert by any means, but I will say that at week 7 most people feel a lot of improvement, but still have some very bad days. If it is just getting worse every week, perhaps you should talk with your doctor about it. If you are suicidal, definitely talk with your doctor. On the other hand, even as late as week 10, I still had some doubts about how well the prozac was working. My suggestion is to look for week by week improvement, not day by day. It's easy to think it is not working during the bad days.

Sorry my English is weak .. now six weeks and two days
    I felt in the fifth week of some natural minutes or maybe it was just optimism, but now the worst ..
    I did not try to kill myself, but there is a feeling of fear of this idea

Is this pass? Please help me
    Last edited by prozac g; 29-09-14 at 23:51.

prozac g,
    Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while. How are you feeling now?

Quote Originally Posted by betterdays View Post
    prozac g,
    Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while. How are you feeling now?
    I've been on Prozac for eight weeks (seven weeks 20 & one week 40) and then changed to Paroxetine
    Day 23 (17 days 20 & 6 days 30) and everything is still bad : (

Hi, Prozac G,

Are you moreso depressed that anxious? It is possible that a single-acting drug isn't enough for you. After at least two unsuccessful trials with SSRIs, you may want to ask your doctor to switch you to a different class. Perhaps one like venlaxafine (Effexor), which effects more than just serotonin. Just a suggestion, but that's what my doctor did with me, and it is working for me where the SSRIs did not.

Don't give up, there is a type or a combination for you, keep trying!

Marie

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

How's it going for you Betterdays? I recently switched to Fluoxetine. Found this thread helpful. Been just a few days so hoping I can fast-forward to the good bit soon

Just need a time machine now

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hello, Thanks for asking. I'm normal, 100% my old self as far as I can tell. Still on 20 mg, and will remain there at least until spring and, most likely much longer. I've seen too many posts where folks feel normal and go off the prozac, just to go through the whole mess again.
    Best wishes to you, stick with it!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

It's interesting that the brain seems to go back to a pre-med state and then you have to go through the whole adjustment rigmarole again. I also read that even low doses of Prozac (5-10mg range) have been shown to be effective.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi, I Realize this is an old thread but I hope someone still might be around to give some friendly advise. I Started on Prozac 20mg 2 weeks and five days ago for anxiety/Panic disorder and Ibs. The first two weeks were ok and I was on holidays. I experienced a lot more energy and little anxiety here and there (not unusual for me). Now since hitting the 2 week mark and returning to work I am feeling WAY worse. I am constantly EXTREMELY agitated/ anxious and wake up after 2-4 hours sleep with a start like iv had a terrible nightmare. This agitated/anxious feeling lasts most of the day. Im really struggling and in constant fear I will loose my job if this does not subside.

PS. this is my first time on Prozac. I tried Lexapro a few months back but only lasted 6 days and stopped because I was sleeping 16 hours a day

hi, ibsanxiety. sorry to hear the anxiety is increasing. those early days on prozac can be rough but you should start to feel better soon. when she prescribed prozac, my doc told me up front that my anxiety would probably get worse before it got better. and it did! i have been on it a year now and it has worked wonderfully for me. try giving it a few more weeks and i think you will be pleased with the results. this med is one of the slow working ones but once it starts to work it is very effective. i wish you the best as you recover.

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information