Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Kenney that's really good news hope the improvements keep coming and coming.

Thanks blue I don't understand how my anxiety can be so high after 7 weeks of the meds it's seems like it's getting worse and worse, will try and hang on in there until the 12 weeks but it's so hard and my therapy sessions seem to be so far apart even though I have one every week.

---------- Post added at 07:14 ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 ----------

Hi peachy still the same with me regard the sleep still waking around 5am feeling anxious and restless. I just lie in bed until I have to get up for work around 8 but at that time I could drop back off it's so annoying

Hi all

Well done Avm on keeping going, I'm sure you'll get there.

Peachy thanks for the encouragement and wow were you right!! I took my first 15mg Mirtrazapine last night and was out cold within an hour and slept for about 11 hours straight. Bit woozy and unsteady this morning but getting a good sleep was amazing.

I hope so!

I just want my anxiety levels to drop as they seem so high im experiencing sweats, shivers, head pressure, very noise sensitive, jumpy, muscles tense. Not sure if the Fluox will help with this or I need to up the dosage im guessing only time will tell.

I have those symptoms too AVM. I'm so glad I'm not the only one!

Nope your not the only one, them symptoms aren't bad today and I'm back to worrying about everything and having negative thoughts. Feel like I'm going crazy again and they are just spiralling out of control. Just keep thinking is this it. really doubting these meds will work again

Hi Everyone, Just checking in on week 3 or 22 days. I've come this far and have to really be strong now as I'm feeling the worst I've been by far! I had a couple of days where i felt well enough to go out which was amazing!!!! I got dressed up went for dinner then watched a band. The next day I went to visit my special friend and even got a day where i cooked for friends. I made sure i went to bed each night with positive thoughts as it was awesome to have had a few days out of bed or the house!!
    But alas my symptoms are back and there awful. I feel sick I've had terrible sweats i feel as though I've got acid in my stomach. I really feel terrible. I don't want to listen to music watch tv read my appetite is nil i just been curling up on the bed and sleeping a lot. Anything to get through this!
    My main reason for posting today and please excuse any typo errors as I'm even finding doing this hard is to keep myself informed of progress and others who are suffering this.
    I can truly say this is hard but if it wasn't for the other sufferers on here who have been through this stage i don't think id be able to carry on this medication.
    My best wishes to you all on this journey to the end of our rainbow!

Hi kezz

Sorry to hear that you're having such a bad time, week 3-4 were the hardest for me, although Fluoxetine didn't eventually work out for me I did feel much better with less side effects by about day 30, so stay positive and I hope you feel better soon

Hi everyone,

Day 56 today and I feel like I'm slowly going back to square one, I'm worrying about everything and having lots of negative thoughts I cannot control them, feel like im driving myself crazy again and feeling like I will never be better again.

Feeling very negative towards the medication and thinking all the same doubts I have had before like how will a tablet stop these worries its impossible.

Its week 8 tomorrow and feel like this has been going on for too long and I haven't got the energy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Avm View Post
    Its week 8 tomorrow and feel like this has been going on for too long and I haven't got the energy anymore.
    When do you see your GP or psychiatrist again? If you haven't seen a psychiatrist I suggest you discuss doing so with your GP.

I need to book a review with my GP in around 2 weeks. I have not seen a psychiatrist, I might make an appointment to see my GP for this week though.

I have been gathering a lot of information from forums and a lot of people seem to say I need to give it longer on the meds more like 13 weeks. Its only been 8 tomorrow and in the 8 weeks I have had ok days still worrying all day every day but sometimes it doesn't effect me as much as others is this not a good sign it is working or maybe I need to up the dose as the 20mg has reached its peak.

Thanks

Page 32 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread Information