Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

I spoke to my new doctor today he said the worst of the side effects should pass after 1 month. This doesn't seem to be the story from other peoples post. Ive come this far so going to battle it a bit longer.

kezza

Hi guys,

AVM - I had a massive dip at just under 8 weeks too. Weird! I felt like I was back to square one.

You are right to keep persevering, and Kezz as well. Well done for staying strong. It would be a shame to give up now when you have come so far. Try and make it to the 12-16 week stage friends.

I am on 15 weeks 1day, with 7 weeks 2 days of that on 40mg. Still suffering with the side effects of the increase- jittery, nauseous, diarrhoea, waking early. I can't wait for a decent sleep!

It's so so tough when you have had a few good days to slip back into some bad days. It makes me feel very low. Keeping busy really helps me, as well as remembering that blips pass. I'm going back to work on reduced hours today after having been off since mid-October. I am very nervous but will just get on with it! Hope you all have a great day. As betterdays says- hold the course!

Hi All

Peachypips I hope the first day back went well? That's great news and progress, I hope you're very proud of yourself!

Hope the rest of you had a good day too, I'm plodding on with my new medication but like to keep dropping by here for encouragement as it's such a friendly post

Yes first two days back have gone well- really enjoyed them! However I feel like crap today. All the usual as above. When will it end? This has been going on for months and I just want to feel physically well and get rid of these side effects. I'm feeling very down and discouraged today. Didn't help that I woke and then got up at 5am. I just can't sleep in the morn and it's so distressing.

Hi all

Sorry to hear that peachypips but well done for getting back to work at all. I've still not managed it and still feel as far away as ever Here's hoping your side effects start easing off again soon. Lack of sleep seems to magnify any bad feelings or side effects I have two or three fold. Onwards and Upwards

Hi everyone iv had two ok days worries and negative thoughts still present but feel like there a bit further back in my mind of that makes any sense.

Still feel disappointed that I'm not better but when I look back to 8 weeks ago I think there has been an improvement just was hoping for more at this stage. Waiting for my next review in around 2 weeks to see if I need to up the dose I will be at about the 10 week stage then so we will see but the thought of increasing really scares me and so many say to give it at least 12 weeks.

I'm really surprised through these past 8 weeks iv only had 6 days sick from work I'm doing reduced hours I just work 5 hours a day and I have found sometimes going work has helped me a little.

Hope everyone is still fighting my god it's a tough fight!

Another rough morning. No nice way of putting this but I went to a little cafe with a friend near where i live. On the way home i messed myself. I would of normally be mortified. god what we put up with! I've never felt this bad on medication. Ive come this far got to keep going. Just glad I was close to home today or I may of got myself really upset with messing myself. Ive got a anti sickness tablet in my mouth I've padded myself up and just getting through this!
    Hope improvement for all of us is near now!
    love to you all
    kezz

For me reading that you managed to go out with a friend is a massive thing I'm not strong enough to even think about doing that still even after 8 weeks I even struggle to message friends back so that in it's self to me is a massive positive so well done.

Hi all. Another crap day. Anxiety, derealisation, eyes won't stay open, sickness, diarrhoea and up at 5am. I am so exhausted. Just read back the whole thread and have seen my own progress. I see that I have had some good times since I raised my dose which has encouraged me. Because right now I am totally fed up with it all.

Hi Peachypips

Really sorry to hear that you're having such a crap day! Hopefully it's just one of your blips and you'll bounce back stronger than ever

I've stuck with the Mirtazapine for a week so far but will still have the Fluoxetine in my system for the next 4 weeks or so according to the Psychiatrist. I woke up thinking I was seeing the world out of someone else's eyes today?? I've had derealisation when I feel detached and everything is in soft focus but this was something else? Thankfully it cleared about lunchtime.

Oh well Onwards and Upwards

Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread Information