Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Thanks Deepthinker, This is easily the most difficult thing i have ever been through. My anxiety is 10 fold, and im only sleeping for around 2-3hrs a night. 6 days left untill ive completed week 4. If there is absolutely no improvement by then im tapering off. I was much better before.

Brilliant post. Spot on.. im at week 7 almost and still feeling iffy but more better days!.. So hopefully im turning the corner.. doc wanted to increase dose from 20 to 40 but im going to hold off till 12 weeks and then see. Ty Ty a great reassuring informative read. x

IbsAnxiety, i certainly cannot blame you for tapering off if you haven't experienced any improvement by the end of week four. in fact, my doc actually prescribed pristique the week before she prescribed prozac and that was probably the most miserable week of my life. i hardly slept at all and i kept feeling faint after taking the pill each morning. after one week my doc said pristique was not for me. hopefully, the prozac will kick in, but if not, don't give up. there is something out there that will work.

polly, so glad to hear you are turning the corner!

Thanks Deepthinker and to ibs anxiety.. i felt at my worst week 4! was horrible and i thought like you i was no where near as bad as this before.. i was told to keep going and that there should be an improvement soon.. week 7 and some improvement.. Read the betterdays diary.. its realistic and true! good luck.

Thanks Polly and Deepthinker. I made it to the end of week 4 and start week 5 today. Im sleeping again and pretty much feel like myself before Prozac (anxiety and all). My biggest issue now is (sorry for being so graphic) horrible watery diarrhea started last week and has not let up at all. Even my 'safe' foods are not helping :-( I hope this passes soon I don't want week 3 to have been for nothing! Thanks again for both of your encouragement

OMG hitting week eight and had two horrible days! Anxious,light headed and feeling sick.. arrgggghh. Due on so that could be contributing.. Doc said my blood pressure is low and thats why i am feel dizzy, then the dizzy makes me feel anxious and then i feel sick! nightmare.. however.. I shall keep going,, and hope its just a blip.. encouragement please. Hope everyone else doing ok

hugs to you polly! so sorry to hear that things are rough at the moment. it WILL get better and more than likely is a blip. hang in there and stay in touch with your doc about the blood pressure issue. hope you are feeling better today.

This is so helpful I'm on week 3 and have defo have negative outlook. This post has really helped today thank you.

rachh, so glad this post is helping you feel a little better. it is amazing how just knowing that you aren't alone on this journey helps. before i started my meds and during the early days of being on them, i would read on this forum and it would make me feel better as well.

Thanks Deepthniker.. Feeling a bit better again.. Week 9 almost. Back docs Fri for blood pressure, still anxious but not like it was so hopefully on its way out! Hope your feeling ok. Its a brill post by the way so thanks for that. x

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information