Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Well after 14 weeks on 20 mg and 9 weeks on 40 mg something seems to have changed in my brain. For the past week I've been feeling the best I have in years.

Great to hear that For me i just ended week 10 on 20mg and last couple of days and today my anxiety has been sky high. Dont know why is it so that whenever i start feeling that medicine has started kicking in these odd days jump in.

I’m on my 4th week on 20mg after taking it every other day for months, I still feel like the side effects are still there, it only took about 2 weeks when I first started taking it 9 years ago. Shall I give it more time as doctor said I might of messed my seratonin up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don mind, What side effects are you having now?

Nausea in the morning and feeling light headed in the evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all!!! A little bit about me. i have been on anti depressants for about 20 years. The first 18 years i was on zoloft which over all worked great for me. i had some tough times throughout the years and eventually went up 200mgs. it worked great for most of the time but then stopped working about 2 years ago. i switched over to celexa for 2 months with minimal results. So i then moved on the cymbalta. After about 2 months i was feeling alot better (although i had to work up to the highest dose of 120mg). I had about 9 months of feeling pretty normal before i got the awful flu and my anxiety came back full force just after the new year. When i was reading about medicine in the past anafranil seemed to get great reviews so i decided to try it. I was on it for about 6 weeks and although the medicine seemed to start to help with my anxiety i had a bad side effect. My body broke out in a big rash when ever i was in the sun. So now the doc put me on fluoxetine 20mg about 2 weeks ago. I was doing ok till last night when the anxiety came back strong. i feel like all the anafranil has finally left my system and the fluox isnt doing much. I think that maybe i will need to go up to 40mg since i have required a higher dose of every other med i have been on and don't want to feel like this for 8 to 12 weeks when i feel i need a higher dose.. My question for you guys is what do u think? I am seeing the pdoc in 2 days and im sure she will want me to go up.
    Thanks for listening Nate

Hi, just reading the BBC news this morning and there's an article about antidepressants. They say after a huge research they have evidence that antidepressants DO work (after years of debate). They also list the most effective to the least effective based on this study.
    The most effective being Agomelatine, Ametriptiline, escitalopram, mirtazapine, peroxatine. The least effective being, fluoxitine, fluvoxamine, reboxetine, trazodone.
    I'm on week 3 of fluoxitine I'm hoping this one works for me. I'm still not yet feeling any benefit (early days though) and already had horrendous side effects. The worst being anxiety and trips to the loo. I'm hoping to start feeling a little better in the next couple of weeks. I really don't want to have to mess around switching meds if I feel it's not working, purely because I don't want to have to go through all these side effects again...

It seems like I started to get a little more "normal" days now after almost 5 weeks but although I might find more pleasure & joy in things I feel like I am being more stupid. It feels like while I am depressed I can somehow see the big picture more often because I don't give **** to almost everything so they don't influence my judgement but now I can be biased or narrow-minded because I am influenced by my feelings & senses much more, I am not sure if this makes any sense but does any of you feel that depression could actually give you some strengths?

Quote Originally Posted by exehed View Post
    It seems like I started to get a little more "normal" days now after almost 5 weeks but although I might find more pleasure & joy in things I feel like I am being more stupid. It feels like while I am depressed I can somehow see the big picture more often because I don't give **** to almost everything so they don't influence my judgement but now I can be biased or narrow-minded because I am influenced by my feelings & senses much more, I am not sure if this makes any sense but does any of you feel that depression could actually give you some strengths?
    I feel my depression has made me look at what really matters to me in my life, I think that's because IV had this terrible sense of time passing and I panic and feel sad in case I'm not spending enough time with my kids, or my family and the people that matter. It's like a meloncholy and I get it every morning when I wake. I hate going to work because it's time away from my kids and I don't think it's normal to feel like this, obviously it's the depression. I don't think this is a strength, but it's made me realise whats important to me in the big scheme of things...x

Hi just checking in, Im 3 days short of week 4. Had an ok couple of days where my anxiety was fairly low. Still feeling very flat and not interested in anything, finding it hard to even smile sometimes. I find it an effort to want leave the house also, it's like the normal everyday things of showering, makeup and hair is just too much. Sleeping is absolutely terrible hence why im on here at 6am. IV been taking zopiclone to help but it was only a short 7 day prescription and my doctor was really hesitant at giving me these. IV got 1 left, so worrying how I'm meant to get to sleep enough so I can get up for work the morning after.
    Yesterday I was ok up until 1.30pm then anxiety started again. It lasted the rest of the day into the night and was sat on the edge of my bed taking deep breaths during the night.
    Does anyone else find their anxiety springs up on them out of nowhere during the day. Half the day I spend ok, the next half can feel crap. My mood changes from 1 minute to the next also, Ill be feeling really negative and in total despair then I have a sudden shift to feeling lighter and more optimistic. These don't last long though and I'm back to feeling low again literally minutes after.
    I suffer with terrible sinus problems at the moment so this is also having a huge impact on how I feel.
    Everyday I take my flux I think 'another day down' I'm waiting on the day I feel brighter and happy, more my old self.

Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information