Page 53 of 83 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

I had luck with Prozac, but it literally took 4 months of a high dosage to feel anything. Unfortunately, i gained so much weight on it that i stopped. I also had trouble sleeping. I should never have went off of it. It was so activating for me and i had a hard time with the start up effects, so would never go back. I don't think it was the right med to begin with.

Well now I'm feeling absolutely great. 12 weeks 4 days on 40 mg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I had luck with Prozac, but it literally took 4 months of a high dosage to feel anything. Unfortunately, i gained so much weight on it that i stopped. I also had trouble sleeping. I should never have went off of it. It was so activating for me and i had a hard time with the start up effects, so would never go back. I don't think it was the right med to begin with.
    oh my god
    fluoxotine makes you gain weight?
    im trying to LOSE WEIGHT!
    and im putting up with some absolutly terribly suidal/lonely moods now that im 2 weeks into fluoxotine

Hi everyone! I've been following this page since I started Fluoxetine (10mg) for anxiety 12 days ago. You are all so inspiring and I am so thankful so many of you chose to share your experiences. It's great to know that we aren't alone.

My first week was pretty easy, but I've been having anxiety about halfway through the day that is really bothersome. I'm having trouble staying asleep and having vivid dreams. This is my second time in Fluoxetine. I'm trying to decide if I need to wait it out and see if things get better or if I should see if going up to 15 is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by OakTrees View Post
    Well now I'm feeling absolutely great. 12 weeks 4 days on 40 mg.
    That's good news. Keeps me positive when I see people who have battled through the difficult early weeks then finally get to the light at the end of the tunnel ! I'm starting week 6 today. I'm so tired all the time. I spend my days when I'm not in work in bed and that's annoying because IV got stuff I need to do. Still battling tale end of sinusitis and on top of that IV just developed a water infection. I'm on antibiotics which are making me feel nauseous again! I had a couple of really good days last week and really thought I had turned a corner, only to feel anxious again and exhausted a few days later. IV had yet another day of work due to uti and I'm genuinely getting worried I'll be pulled in the office.
    We will all have to just keep battling on I suppose. Hope everybody is having an ok day today? Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lux71 View Post
    That's good news. Keeps me positive when I see people who have battled through the difficult early weeks then finally get to the light at the end of the tunnel ! I'm starting week 6 today. I'm so tired all the time. I spend my days when I'm not in work in bed and that's annoying because IV got stuff I need to do. Still battling tale end of sinusitis and on top of that IV just developed a water infection. I'm on antibiotics which are making me feel nauseous again! I had a couple of really good days last week and really thought I had turned a corner, only to feel anxious again and exhausted a few days later. IV had yet another day of work due to uti and I'm genuinely getting worried I'll be pulled in the office.
    We will all have to just keep battling on I suppose. Hope everybody is having an ok day today? Xx
    Hi Lux. I'm still feeling great and in the past few days I've been doing a whole lot to get my life back on track. Keep pushing on, you're through the worst of it and I'm sure you'll eventually get to where I am too!

Quote Originally Posted by OakTrees View Post
    Hi Lux. I'm still feeling great and in the past few days I've been doing a whole lot to get my life back on track. Keep pushing on, you're through the worst of it and I'm sure you'll eventually get to where I am too!
    Thankyou Oaktrees, it keeps me positive when I hear someone's success with flux. 40 mg is a high dose and I can imagine you went through hell before coming out the other side. I thought it was bad enough on 20! I'm taking each day as it comes and hoping every new day is 1 step closer to being me again. IV no doubt my illness is impacting my recovery, as I feel shivery and hot these last few days, Headache and exhausted most of the time. Lately been feeling anger at my body for betraying me like this..sounds silly but I am getting fed up with myself and feeling ill. I'm convinced my sinusitis is bacterial. Yet the doctor refuse antibiotics and say it's viral. Despite having it for nearly 7 weeks and feeling extremely tired with it. Oh well, I'll keep pushing onwards... Trying to stay positive xx

Started week 7 and having a bad couple of days. Slept really rubbish
    Last night so ended up back in bed once the kids were at school. I know doing that doesn't help because it forces me to stay inside my head and think of all the negative stuff going around my brain. I'm 6 days into my 2 weeks sick leave from work and already worked about being well enough to go back. I went for a bath and just sat and cried for aces, it sometimes just feels I'm going round and round in circles. When I think I'm improving I always feel it's one step back.
    I wake during the night every single night about 1.30 and it takes me a couple hours to get back to sleep. I'm so shattered most days.
    I look around me and everybody seems so bloody happy! Feel angry at myself today..

Update...7 weeks 4 days. IV been feeling very anxious for last few days. I'm gutted, as I thought I was improving. My anxiety last 2 days has been higher than it has been since the first two weeks on fluoxitine. I'm trying to keep my mind occupied and not think too much into things that are troubling me lately but finding it hard. Tried watching a movie but couldn't get into it, pottered about the garden, made soup, cleaned..lit relaxing candles...I'm still feeling anxious. Trying to just ride it out... I have my appointment with my doctor next week as it's my 8 week mark. She said about increasing the dose by then if there's no improvement but IV decided against it for now. The last thing I need is for my anxiety to increase.

Hi everyone!
    New to this forum but I decided to write my experience so far with prozac.
    Ive bien off work since a year and tried almost every single ad.
    I take ad since 10 years for anxiety that lead To depression.
    Had chance in the past with lexapro, zoloft but when I tried then it just didnt work.
    Im now on prozac since 4 weeks and a half.
    I switched from lexapro to 10mg of prozac for the first two weeks then 20mg the next two.
    This week, my psychiatrist wants me To up to 30mg.

I feel soooooo tired and off.
    No motivation, lightheaded and sort of fuzzy. My vision is blurred a bit and feel space.
    Anxiety is still there also.
    I just want my old self back.

Page 53 of 83 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread Information