Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Quote Originally Posted by velia View Post
    I'm not well every time around 6: 00 pm ;I have to eat because I feel like I'm feeling sick yet I eat well during the day . what are you thinking ? is the medicine no longer working ?
    Nausea is both a common AD side-effect and withdrawal symptom, but it is also often triggered by anxiety, so it can be difficult to determine an individual cause. I'm intrigued by the consistent timing. Are you taking the AD, or another medication, or supplement around that time, or maybe under greater stress then for some reason?

Ginger and/or vitamin B6 supplements are often very effective at easing nausea.

I'm impressed with all the things you know . Thanks
    Most of what I know comes from reading people's experiences in forums like this one and wanting to understand what causes their problems. The thing to worry about, however, is all the things I don't know! ...Yet.

Hi, ian.
    I hope you're okay . this is not the shipwreck I have . I feel weak like I'm gonna faint .
    if you know a lot more than I do anyway .

this is not the shipwreck I have . I feel weak like I'm gonna faint
    Then it is unlikely to be the AD. It is most probably anxiety, or it might be some other illness, but 2mg fluoxetine is very unlikely to cause fainting.

Is there any chance we could chat on Facebook summerdaze? Or WhatsApp? I think we are at similar stages x
    Last edited by Sazflux; 14-02-20 at 14:52. Reason: Missed something

Quote Originally Posted by Sazflux View Post
    Is there any chance we could chat on Facebook summerdaze? Or WhatsApp? I think we are at similar stages x
    Sure text me your facebook details & we can chat. I’m 649211259013. I’m away for the weekend without much cell coverage but will be back in town Monday

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdaze View Post
    Sure text me your facebook details & we can chat. I’m 649211259013. I’m away for the weekend without much cell coverage but will be back in town Monday
    If that number doesn’t work try 64211259013

hi ian I hope you are well .
    I am 3 days away from my 6 week and I am still not well . do you think I'll be stabilizing soon ? or my dose and too low ? I'm sorry to ask you again . I don't understand why a small dose can not work. while I managed to be stable with 2mg of deroxat .

I am 3 days away from my 6 week and I am still not well . do you think I'll be stabilizing soon ? or my dose and too low ?

...I don't understand why a small dose can not work. while I managed to be stable with 2mg of deroxat
    Hard to say at such low doses which don't really do much except perhaps reduce withdrawal symptoms to some extent. It may be you need a higher dose to achieve equivalence with 2mg paroxetine, or fluoxetine could be so different chemically that it is not going to work at all, or your symptoms may not be withdrawal, but anxiety/stress which 2mg fluoxetine is not going to help no matter how long you take it.

Maybe you should just quit taking it to see whether you get any worse. I suspect that it won't, at least not as a physical reaction, but psychology could create a response. One way of determining whether the symptoms are withdrawal, or anxiety would be to take a dose of the Lysanxia (prazepam) you've been prescribed. If the symptoms diminish they are most likely anxiety/stress, not withdrawal, although it isn't a 100% conclusive test.

Hi I also told myself that I'm taking a lysanxia to see if it's anxiety that's doing this to me but I don't want to add another medicine . but I'm in too much pain .
    I've seen other forums use cbd oil for anxiety What do you think ?
    it scares me to take it, too . and you think I can just quit prozac without weaning first ?
    anyway I need to find a solution .
    I haven't worked since the end of November and I don't even get out of my house.
    I just hope it's two milligrams going to work .
    Thanks

I also told myself that I'm taking a lysanxia to see if it's anxiety that's doing this to me but I don't want to add another medicine . but I'm in too much pain .
    One dose is not going to do any harm and it might answer some questions. Maybe take only half the prescribed dose to see if it makes a difference.

I've seen other forums use cbd oil for anxiety What do you think ?
    Worth a shot if it is legal, but make sure it has almost no THC.

it scares me to take it, too . and you think I can just quit prozac without weaning first ?
    You're already on a lower dose than most quit from and 2mg doesn't seem to be helping anyway. It probably wouldn't be any worse than it is now.

anyway I need to find a solution .
    I haven't worked since the end of November and I don't even get out of my house.
    Which suggests to me that your problem is mostly a return of the anxiety disorder you were taking paroxetine for and not withdrawal and that what you should be focussing on is treating the disorder either with medication, or therapy, perhaps both.

Why did you decide to quit taking paroxetine?

Page 60 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread Information