Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Quote Originally Posted by velia View Post
    and I do not know how to turn on notifications if there are any ?
    I think notifications are only for private messages, not forum posts...but I could be wrong. Maybe ask the moderators in the Tech Help forum.

and I can't do what you can to recite a sentence. it's a little parenthesis::Oui oui:
    "Recite a sentence" do you mean quote a sentence/paragraph? If so, either manually type [QU0TE] Example text example. [/QU0TE] before/after the text you wish to quote, or highlight the text and press the editor's Wrap/Quote tag button

Quote Originally Posted by KayMK View Post
    Hi. Im new to the forum today.
    I started 40mg fluoxetine 5 weeks ago and my anxiety doesnt seem to be getting better. I just want some reassurance I suppose that its not making matters worse.
    Im waking at around 4am every morning and then the anxiety slowly builds. I have this strange thing where by 3/4 ish in the afternoon Im feeling calmer and by bedtime I almost feel back to normal. So much so that Im always hoping that tommorow will be different but it never is.
    I have taken it before but stopped last October. Around 5 weeks ago I had an anxiety attack and was so panicked that I would be as ill as before I started myself back on 40mg straight away.
    I then had a terrible crash of symptoms around day 6 and ended up seeing the emergency dr who prescribed diazapam. I feel so foolish for just starting the tablets again.
    Is there any light at the end of the tunnel. Feeling like Im not sure how much longer I can cope.
    X
    Hi Kay
    You’re not alone. It’s exactly what happened to me. I’m week 10 & still having bad blips. The anxiety will get worse before it gets better. You should get some easier days between 6-8 weeks. The horrible dread in the mornings started to improve for me at about 8 weeks but even now I’m waking super early. I take 1/2 lorazepam when I need it. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdaze View Post
    Hi Kay
    You’re not alone. It’s exactly what happened to me. I’m week 10 & still having bad blips. The anxiety will get worse before it gets better. You should get some easier days between 6-8 weeks. The horrible dread in the mornings started to improve for me at about 8 weeks but even now I’m waking super early. I take 1/2 lorazepam when I need it. Xx
    Hi. Im 7 weeks monday and the last couple of days have been a bit easier. My sons school is closed due to the corona virus and I managed to be up all day with him yesterday. Which I hadnt been able to do previously.
    It takes a Looooong old time to feel like im sort of functioning and then the day gets better.
    Oh that dread in the morning is awful isnt it!
    The bad feelings are always there with me at the moment but they feel a bit muted.
    Im hoping this means I have turned a corner.

Hope you carry on improving and the bad days get less and less.

Im so pleased I found this forum. Its been a lifesaver. X

Hi Kay
    That’s great. It sounds like you are improving. It’s just so slow & frustrating. I have anxious mornings & then improve around lunchtime. The timetable is so helpful. It has got me through some really tough patches.

This Coronavirus is really ramping up. They haven’t closed any of our schools yet. It’ll be hard for the kids to be stuck at home & for the parents too!
    Keep posting up dates.
    Xx

Hi. Im 7 weeks monday and the last couple of days have been a bit easier. My sons school is closed due to the corona virus and I managed to be up all day with him yesterday. Which I hadnt been able to do previously.
    It takes a Looooong old time to feel like im sort of functioning and then the day gets better.
    Oh that dread in the morning is awful isnt it!
    The bad feelings are always there with me at the moment but they feel a bit muted.
    Im hoping this means I have turned a corner.

Hope you carry on improving and the bad days get less and less.

Im so pleased I found this forum. Its been a lifesaver. X

Hi Kay. I’m in the UK and at 8 weeks. Do you use Facebook messenger? If you do and u would like to chat ( I would be really keen to know how u r getting on) then my Facebook is Sarah Elizabeth Coldrey and my profile picture is me with my son and he has glitter on his face. Hope to hear from you, Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Sazflux View Post
    Hi Kay. I’m in the UK and at 8 weeks. Do you use Facebook messenger? If you do and u would like to chat ( I would be really keen to know how u r getting on) then my Facebook is Sarah Elizabeth Coldrey and my profile picture is me with my son and he has glitter on his face. Hope to hear from you, Sarah
    Hi Sarah.
    I have sent you a Facebook messenger message. Be great to chat.
    Thanks
    Kerri

Hi everyone
    Well it's the start of week 7 for me.
    Ive had a few better moments. Friday evening I felt almost back to myself for a few hours.
    Im not really getting better days! As in whole days. The mornings are still pretty terrible and it takes me a good few hours after waking at 4am to settle into the day.
    The last 2 days have been rough. I always seem to feel worse on a Sunday.
    This morning I just couldn't stop crying and thinking that Im never going to recover.
    It seems so hard when you have had a couple of better days it almost hits you harder.
    I'm still not able to catch up on any sleep during the day. If I try I get woken with intense shaking and anxiety. I'm hoping this settles down soon.
    So I've been back and read through all of the time line posts today and it's helped me loads. I'm hoping to keep posting to share my experience like others have done. You never know it may help someone like me down the line.

Kerri x

This morning I just couldn't stop crying and thinking that Im never going to recover.
    It seems so hard when you have had a couple of better days it almost hits you harder.
    You will almost certainly recover, Kerri. The snakes and ladders yo-yo is normal and a good indicator that the med is beginning to work.

Thank you. That's just what I needed to hear this morning. I had a better day yesterday and had moments where I felt almost normal in the afternoon but then I wake so early and all the doubts and dread start creeping in.
    I'm very glad I had a quick look on here and saw your message.
    Xx

I had a better day yesterday and had moments where I felt almost normal in the afternoon but then I wake so early and all the doubts and dread start creeping in.
    Are mornings usually worse for you than afternoons/evenings, or is this a recent change?

Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread Information