Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Day 35 for me and still feeling pretty grotty in the mornings but do pick up in the afternoons and evenings; it's just so frustratingly slow.

Does anyone know if you can drink alcohol while taking prozac? I don't drink a lot but it would be nice to have the odd glass of wine over Christmas.

Hi aspire,
    I have had the odd glass of wine and have been ok. I think too much alcohol will stop meds from working so going to give that a miss but like you don't want to miss out.

Day 30 here. Felt ok this morning but am feeling tearful at lunchtime. I agree that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm definitely not feeling as bad as I did for the first three weeks. My anxiety has lessened and there's just some depression lingering on.

Am feeling quite festive- tree is up and presents sorted. The kids are very excited!!

I agree that it is so slow- esp in comparison to other SSRIs. However- this drug seems to almost work for everyone if you get through the first 12 weeks. So I'm determined!

I'm avoiding alcohol as I'm on other psych meds for the time being. Sad not to have some Disaronno on ice over Christmas though!

Thanks for the advice on the alcohol, my Dr said it was OK but I think I am just anxious about being anxious at the moment!

Start of week 6 for me and just feeling so fed up to not be 100% yet. Such a long time to be struggling with feeling like this. I'm like you though peachy and will soldier on to week 12 as I think that's where the big payoff will be!!

Are you back at work yet bluehair? How are you feeling today? I am feeling guilty about not being at work but when I have struggled in I haven't performed very well as I felt so ill, so thought I should rest at home which might mean a quicker recovery. It's not easy though feeling like you are not pulling your weight.

I am still feeling really rubbish in the mornings but definitely better afternoon/evening on most days. Looking forward to reaching normality in time (hopefully) as others have.

It'd be great to stay in touch bluehair and peachy as we are going through the experience of getting settled onto this med. The support and shared experiences from this site are what's keeping me going at the moment...

I'm up for keeping in touch aspire. I'm not back at work until the first Mon in Jan- I've been off work for two months with this relapse. Am also feeling guilty and worried about not doing what I'm supposed to be doing.

Had the best day today I've had since I started on the fluoxetine. Lots of energy and only anxiety after eating (weird pattern of my anxiety!)

Thanks Peachy, great news that you are feeling better.

Every time I have a dip it gets me a bit down so good to hear positive news from you. I think I just need to keep resting and not over do things.

I'm back at work in Jan too, gosh this anxiety can really knock you for six can't it. I think the term 'mental illness' is a bit of a misnomer as the symptoms are so physical. You can't just 'cheer up a bit' or 'just stop worrying' as some people think!

Hope you continue to recover well.

Take care...

Hi peachy and aspire.
    Nearly through week 6 and things are definitely improving. Even the mornings are getting better! Went back to work last Monday but it was only till end of term and now I will have two weeks holiday. Hoping to start the new year positively.

Feel able to prepare for Christmas and actually look forward to it.

Hope you are both keeping strong? Keep in touch, it's good to hear how your progressing. 😊

So wonderful to hear you are really improving Blue, you are just ahead of me so that is fantastic. I woke up feeling happy this morning for the first time in ages, very positive! Morning anxiety is still there but it really does improve through the day, which is brilliant. Feeling like I am on the verge of really turning a corner now and making a full recovery. Christmas ahead so more rest in store.

Yes I am looking forward to Christmas too, it's great to not be so completely exhausted all the time!!

Hope you both continue to improve. Do keep in touch!

Hi Blue, Aspire and Peachy!! How you all feeling? I've just reached the six week mark and having a rough few days! Xxx

Hang in there fuzzyhead! It can be disheartening when you have a few bad days. The best thing I found was to be kind to yourself. Accept you feel rubbish but it will pass. Take it easy and don't put pressure on yourself to be better because it will come. I lack patience, but as I slowly see progress I am realising that if I will only just wait , I will get better.

Keep in touch, always happy to chat..😊

Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread Information