Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: prescribed pregabalin.. shocked!!

Re: prescribed pregabalin.. shocked!!

Thanks Sarah,
    Ahh that explains the low mood then, its good that it goes after my next dose though..
    I'm currently on 50mg x 3 times per day.. I see that they come in 75mg caps too, maybe they would be better? That little bit extra might just prevent my noticeable dip in mood? I don't know but I will ask doc next Tuesday on my review..

[B] Update [B] just got a call and I have the job!! Finally some income!!!

Chuffed! Let's hope this isn't just a honeymoon stage of pregabalin! Or if it is, let's hope I can at least get myself in to a routine before it ends!

Hello nigel,how you doin? I also take pregabalin(300mgs per day)and I agree with sarah about taking it in split doses thru out the day,definitly works best that way for me.I've been on it for nearly 2yrs now and its the only medication that's helped with my GAD.I also had the word thing with it at first but it does pass.hope it works for you

How john, I'm good thanks yourself?

Have you always been 300mg per day? I have read some people needed to keep uping the doseage? I tend to have 50mg after breakfast, 50mg mid afternoon and 50mg about 8pm. However I don't have a good daily routine so these can end up being different times! But would like to increase my morning dose and evening dose.. Still get a bit irritable, tense and ratty at times..

But got nearly another week yet before I see doctor.. So we'll see!

My experience is that I did need to increase the dosage at first, but it quickly levels out - it's not something where people keep taking more and more (there have been no comments of that nature on NMP that I have seen). Although some people may need a slightly higher dose, the published studies indicate that benefits level off after around 400 mg per day (these are average figures, so some people may be less, others more).

So glad to hear that the interview went fine. I've only had one job interview since taking pregabalin, and that was in the early days, but I can remember job interviews before that. My throat would go completely dry, so that I found it hard to speak. Now, I think I would be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by A Nervous Nigel View Post
    How john, I'm good thanks yourself?

Have you always been 300mg per day? I have read some people needed to keep uping the doseage? I tend to have 50mg after breakfast, 50mg mid afternoon and 50mg about 8pm. However I don't have a good daily routine so these can end up being different times! But would like to increase my morning dose and evening dose.. Still get a bit irritable, tense and ratty at times..

But got nearly another week yet before I see doctor.. So we'll see!
    Hello I'm good today thanks
    I've been on pregabalin now for nearly 2 yrs.I started out on 25mgs per day for the 1st week then 100 for a week then 150 for a week then 300.I find it to be still effective in keeping my anxiety at bay.the slight euphoria that I got at the begging seems to have gone but with a antidepressant it still works well.it helped me get my life back and enabled me to create a routine.I take 100mgs@ 8am,100mgs@ 3pm and 100mgs@9pm.make sure you don't run out,I did once and it wasn't a nice experience

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

I forgot to say.congrats on the job the front,I hope it helps.I was on sick for 2yrs and went back in feb of this year(part time) and its definitly helped me.good luck

Thanks John,

Well its been about 10 days,

Went to doctor and I'm now on 300mg per day. He did want me to split that in to 3 over the day.. But I decided I want my dosage split in to two, just because I hate having to remember the afternoon one.. He did mention people split it in to 2-3 doses.. Is this okay?

Must say just had the 150mg dose an hour ago and feeling rather laid back and chilled. Will have the other 150mg around 7-8pm!

I was having trouble with anxiety in the morning and afternoon, so felt the larger morning dose would help!

What yous think?

Pregabalin has a short half-life, so particularly when changing dosages you can get a roller coaster effect. Taking the dose three times a day can help even things out a bit then.

Once you have been on a steady dose for a week or so, in my experience twice a day is fine. In fact, I take all my dose once a day in the evening just before bed, as I have a natural positive mood increase during the day anyway. That way, I have the maximum pregabalin working for me early in the morning when my mood is likely to be lowest.

Good luck with it - it seems to be working for you. For me, the best point is when I'm not really noticing anything - I don't feel medicated, but the (abnormal) anxiety is gone.

3 times would be more even I think,but try it twice and see how you get on would be my view on it
    I used to take my 300mgs in two doses but found it made me too sleepy
    Everyones different tho.good to hear its working for you.
    My psychiatric nurse calls it a "clean" drug.I've also found since been on it that I no longer get migraines and no dull ache down the back of my leg from my sciatica that I used to have plus the reduction in anxiety.3 birds one stone!

I like using this forum as a bit of a diary..

In fact , its made me realise the use of keeping a journal of how you feel.. So I think I will buy a paper one! Tbh I seem to live in the present, so if I go to the doctors while my mood is good, I won't complain and vice versa.

John and hansan,
    I took your advice and decided not to take two doses daily.. I opted for the three.. 100mg at 9am, 100mg at 3pm and 100mg at 9pm.

Its been doing the job! I get a bit spaced out and tired at times but I don't mind! Mainly because my anxiety levels are minimal! Instead of dwelling over thoughts, I can now easily dismiss them, so they don't become repetitive!

I am one for being a moody £#*! with family or even with myself at times.. That has reduced significantly.. Instead of multiple moodswings per day.. I now only get annoyed once a day then realise what I'm being like!

I know it hasn't been long since my increase.. I really hope this last though! It is encouraging to hear John you have been getting positive effects long term!

I still take 40mg of propranolol for work and that, which I think helps and goes well with the pregabalin, and would recommended that to others in similar situation as me, keeps you physically calm even if your mentally unstable lol.

Got to get my repeat prescription sometime next week to make sure I don't run out!!

p.s I can't tell if I feel cosy/relaxed.. Or of this is just what normal is.. I'm used to having this constant tense feeling, or the sensation of stress and adrenalin running through my body .. If that makes sense!!!

p.p.s work has been going great!

Hi Nigel,

I think it's just normal - except if you have GAD. I spent years when I always had some level of tension / anxiety going, some times more than others, but always in the background. That's mostly gone now, thank heavens. Pregabalin doesn't stop all anxiety, but then ordinary people also get anxious about things from time to time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information