Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: prescribed pregabalin.. shocked!!

Re: prescribed pregabalin.. shocked!!

Hey everyone, I thought I should give an update since I havent posted one in some time!

I have been on 300mg per day for around 1 month now, 150mg at 10am and 150mg at 10pm.
    I bought a journal around the time I started this doseage so I have managed to review how things have gotten on.

Firstly I would say Pregablin does NOT work straight away.. The feelings I got in the first 3-7 days were pretty euphoric, prehaps drunk like feeling, sedated and relaxed.. all great yes, and a bit of instant releif! However these are just inital effects and you probably shouldn't get them confused with how pregabalin will make you feel in the long run! I also felt a bit dumbed down and some brain fog, slept a little more than I should and had a few extra naps!! :P

After that first week, I pretty much just felt the brain fog (as it gets described).. I was also slighly irritable and snappy.. had a few temper tantrums.. but over the next 2 weeks or so this wore off. I also take Propranolol and until this time last week I was just taking 1 x 40mg per day.. but I was still a little irritable so I decided to take 2-3 x 40mg per day.. and this actually killed off the rest of my irritability.

Now.. what positive effects has Pregablin (and with the help of some Propranolol) had on my life?
    1) No repetitive thoughts!
    2) I pull less of my hair out (around 85% less hair pulling)
    3) Instead of worrying about something over and over and over and over.. I can easily dismiss the thought and not dwell too much.
    4) A better overall mood and wellbeing.
    5) No more arguments with the family
    6) I have a sleeping pattern bed at 12pm up at 8:30am!

Negative effects:
    1) Lower sex drive (and not just because i'm having a dry spell haha) and longer to reach orgasm.
    2) erm... OH!! Yeah be careful with alcohol! I went on a night out and on pregabalin 5 drinks = 12 drinks! I got brought home by the police because I was too drunk to even get my money out my pockets and couldnt put two words together, never mind string a sentence together! BUT having said that my drinking has gone from 3-4 days per week to just 1 day per week! Feel really good about that actually!

I did have a bad day at the weekend though..but I suppose everyone has their bad days.. at the time it felt like a REALLY bad day, but now today I think I was just being a bit silly!

So anyways, so far so good with the Pregabalin and if your just starting treatment hang in there! The Lower IQ/Brain fog, tiredness, increased thirst passes! I still get the munchies now and again though, so keep an eye on that!

SarahH is offline Most Naughty-ish Member Ever

Well done ...great update

Hello Nigel,

I can agree with pretty much all of that. I hope that the positives outweigh the negatives and that pregabalin can help you overall.

I think you can combine some alcohol with pregabalin, once you know how they interact. However, you should also have some mates informed that you are taking medication, just in case.

Also, I'm a strong believer that people shouldn't drink and drive at any level. Plan on getting a taxi home, or use public transport, or have a designated non-drinking driving friend. If none of those options are workable, reschedule for somewhere closer to home.

I would love to have another try with this medication. I just need to find a time when I am not in so much demand at work!

Great update though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information