I haven't been to the dentist for about 5 years, I'm ashamed to say [:I]

It's the "stuck in the chair can't escape" thing that I can't cope with.

I've been having problems with a loose tooth for about 3 months now, awful pain etc. On Friday, a lump appeared on the gum and I knew I had to seek help!

Mark said he would come with me so I booked an emergency appointment on Saturday for 3.15pm. I knew I would pay more on a weekend but I had decided I was going and there was no putting it off.

Anyway, the dentist was lovely. I explained how I felt and everything and he was great. He said the tooth was absessed and would have to come out. He tried to take an x ray with a thing pushed in my mouth, but I kept gagging so he did a full x ray instead. He numbed my mouth and just kind of took the tooth out! I'm ashamed to say I then started crying [:I][:I][:I], I think it was just the relief.

Anyway, he says I have got gum disease and have to have 3 more teeth out and some false ones fitted! All due to me not having been to him in so long.

I know though that I will be much more confidant getting the rest of the work done and not quite such a nervous wreck.

I've also booked an eye test for myself for next Friday, so I really feel as if I'm getting some long neglected things sorted out.

I'm very proud of myself!!!

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"