Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Small steps

Well done Kate, you did so well

Lisa x

Thanks Everyone

And things are still getting better....

I went for a mamoth Christmas shopping spree in Sutton Coldfield, which is a medium sized shopping center. We stayed for 3 hours and I didn't feel panicky once [^] We then went for lunch in a pub.

Chris, my son, went for his first night clubbing experience (!) on Thursday night. I was quite anxious about it the day before, but when he was actually there, my anxiety was about a 2 out of 10 which for me, with the violence issues and the constant worrying about the kids, which was definately an improvement! [^]

Since facing the dentist fear, this seems to have recently boosted my self belief that bad things WONT happen just because I imagine they will. I still have a very long way to go though. There are still places that I haven't attempted yet. I still haven't braved a bus or train journey, but I now feel that maybe these will be possible very soon.

Hmmmm, hope this positivity continues LOL

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Nice one mate - you ready to lay down on a pavement in the middle of London with me and Ray yet??

Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Oh Piglet,

Lying down on the pavement is soooo last year, darling! I did that one, YEARS ago [8D][8D][8D]

Kate x

Hi Kate

Ohhhh I read this with a BIG smile on my face. I know how hard things have been for you, but hay, all in the past now, you are moving forward. thats great news Kate, [^]

I know you say you still have a long way to go, BUT and its a big but hear, that long way, just might not be as long as you think. Take one day at a time, focus on you achievments more, YOU WILL get there in the end.

Your doing just great Kate, ohhh I am sooo happy for you, give yourself a big pat on the back, you have done all the hard work and it IS dame hard work.

I did read somewhere you don't do hungs on the net, but hay, I'm going to give you a hug anyway, a very big one

(((((( HUGS ))))))))

MERRY CHRISTMAS KATE, TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

You take care

Thinking of your awlays

LOVE JILLXXX

Fear is the darkroom
    where negatives are developed.....

When you fear something,
    learn as much about it as you can.
    Knowledge conqers fear...

Thanks Jill! Hope you and Hannah are doing good and had a lovely Christmas.

The thing that I'm finding the hardest to do is to keep the positive thinking thoughts going. Each time I'm nervous about some upcoming event etc then I automatically still start worrying. I am finding it easier to talk myself through it, changing the neg thoughts to pos, but I still go down the churning stomach, panicky feelings route as an automatic thought :(

I've told my counsellor about this and he says that it has been my automatic way of looking at things for sooooo long and will take a while for it to be overcome. I still feel that each "challenging" situation is like an obstacle to overcome before I can relax. Until the next situation.....

All of my sons mates are 18 this year and next and it seems that he is at a party every week! No sooner is one "out of the way" than the next one comes along! One constant round of worrying for me!

Suppose it's good in a way though as I have almost continual practise in overcoming the neg thoughts!

Kate x

whooooo hooooo Kate, absolutely awesome and what a great achievement. Bloomin well done Kate and not you hope!! you know!!! this positivitey will continue.

Way to go Kate

love Sax xxx

Thanks Sax!

I braved the hairdressers today, first time in soooo long! We drove past, there was noone in, so I went and got it all chopped off!

Kate x

Well done mate

You can measure the length of my anxiety by the length of my hair as I can't brave the hairdressers - hence the name Rapunzel!!

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Well done Kate

Lisa x

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information