Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Small steps

Thanks Lisa!

This positive thinking lark is flipping exhausting! I keep having to go out!

Well, have decided me and hubby are going on a short bus ride on Monday [:O] Will be my first time for about 12 years! We are going to go about 5 stops. No time like the present eh?

Kate x

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

You're doing great mate, keep up the good work as you are making so much progress. As you keep completing these challenges things will get easier and easier and the positive thinking will in time become normal too.

I hope the bus ride goes well - I am sure it will .

Take care,

Lisa x

Good on ya

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thanks Lisa and Piglet ,

I suddenly realised I'm back to work on Wednesday and I haven't been home for a whole day all holiday! I'm staying in tonight and getting an earlyish night to prepare myself for tomorrows exposure therapy!

It's a laugh really. Kids both going out, me and hubby staying in. Oh well, that's old age for you!

Kate x

Me and hubby decided to go for our daily trot round the block and if we saw a bus, we would get on it [:O]

Anyway, we could see a bus at the terminas so so decided to wait at the next stop for it. It was freezing, my hair was still wet from my shower, and we had to wait about 15 minutes. New Years day service obviously!

We finally got on, my heart was beating a bit fast to say the least! Decided to go 7 stops where we could then get off and it wasn't that far to walk back. I lasted for 5 stops, then, whoops, all got too much and I got off [:I][:I]

Still, I'm still very pleased that I got on!

Kate x

I think that is a brilliant achievement hun and one I want to work towards shortly too!!

Public transport is quite a challange for us and I think you did really really well. I think it's the best way to approach these things, allowing your confidence to grow by doing as much as you are able on the day!!!

In someways it's a good idea to ask for more stops than you really want to do anyway - then you can get off at any point on or before that stop, it's alot trickier to stay on the bus after the stop you've paid for [:I]

A brilliant start to the New Year

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Well done Kate

What a fantastic achievement!

Lisa x

Thanks Piglet and Lisa for your continued support.

Just thinking what I can do today! Back to work tomorrow so it wont be as easy to keep challenging myself :(

Kate x

Had to go for my daily trot on my own today, hubby playing golf!

More like a daily blow actually, raining and sooo windy!

Feel better for it though. Got to go and catch the 2 outdoor rabbits now and put them in their enclosure before it starts getting dark.

Will have to go for my walk from tomorrow as soon as I get in from work at 2.30pm. Don't do going out in the dark yet!

Kate x

Wow Kate! I've only just caught up on this thread and you have been taking some very BIG steps, not little ones!

Well done on all your recent achievements. You are doing so well.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Since facing the dentist fear, this seems to have recently boosted my self belief that bad things WONT happen just because I imagine they will.<div align="right">Originally posted by kate - 23 December 2006 : 15:05:41</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    This is a great step forward. It isn't easy challenging negative thoughts but it will get easier in time as it becomes more automatic. Just keep doing what you've been doing up until now.

I'm well impressed about the dentist. I have several broken teeth and I'm sure other problems due to my anorexia but I am not registered with a dentist and haven't been able to face up to seeing someone. I think you have showed tremendous courage these past few weeks.

Karen xx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information