Thread: My life with minimal health anxiety

My life with minimal health anxiety

I haven't posted here in a while, I only come back from time to time to see how some of them great people I met here are doing. Anyhow, I've been very busy lately, have a lot going on in my life, and yes, have been at times very stresses. My Pituitary Tumor is still hanging in there I guess, so are my enlarged lymph nodes. I put myself the goal of only looking for symptoms once a week, and I did. Recently however, I haven't even had time to look for stuff, or to dedicate a day to read about medical stuff. Results: I haven't been to the doctor since December 2013, and frankly I don't want to go. I find it that the less attention we give to these things, the less they will bother us. I leave you with this, there are worst things in life than death, and you shouldn't take life to seriously, you won't come out alive anyways. Thank you everybody for your support in my time of need, I really appreciate it. Never thought I will make as much progress as I have in less than 2 years. Though everybody is different, so for some of us, it will take us 2 years, others it might be a little longer, others a little less, but the ability to get better is inside every single one of us, find it, and fight against your anxiety/depression/etc. You are all extremely strong, and I believe in you.

Re: My life with minimal health anxiety

I just read your original post and story and wow, similarities with me are abundant. My sickness started after an endoscopy and 2 weeks on 40mg omeprazole. I'm 11 months into it and getting better, but unlike you I take Zoloft and Klonopin. I just couldn't keep my job if I didn't I was becoming agoraphobic and I work in a public school so it was either medicate or lose my job/house/existence... you know the spiral our mind goes in.

Anyway, I'm very glad to hear you're doing better. As I said, it's 11 months for me. I'll be very glad if I'm writing a letter like yours in a few months. Congratulations.

Thread Information