Thread: Bowel Obstruction??

Bowel Obstruction??

Hi all. I've been getting symptoms of a bowel obstruction and I'm worried to death... I've had bad lower abdominal pain that comes on and off with a fever and feeling nauseous, but most of it - if not everything - disappears when I have a bowel movement. The stools were loose and foul smelling.. Even my breath smells like feces! But the symptoms have eased quite a lot since my last bowel movement. I'm not in pain now but I still feel icky.... I'm scared and can't see a doctor for awhile. :'( I'm 19 if that helps.

.....and a ninja.

Re: Bowel Obstruction??

Sounds like IBS. If your anything like me, anxiety will effect your bowls.

Now, i have Ulcerative Colitis, but even so; it shouldn't cause IBS. What does cause IBS is really bad Anxiety.

Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects the large intestine (colon). Irritable bowel syndrome commonly causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, Diarrhea or constipation — sometimes alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea,Mucus in the stool. IBS is a chronic condition that you will need to manage long term.

Even though signs and symptoms are uncomfortable, IBS — unlike ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, which are forms of inflammatory bowel disease — doesn't cause changes in bowel tissue or increase your risk of colorectal cancer.

Only a small number of people with irritable bowel syndrome have severe signs and symptoms. Some people can control their symptoms by managing diet, lifestyle and stress. Others will need medication and counseling.

When you should see a doctor: Rectal Bleeding, bad or worsening abdominal pain at night, and extreme weight loss.

Couldn't hurt to see a doctor regardless, he might prescribe you some probiotics or VSL3 (over the counter)

Re: Bowel Obstruction??

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information