Thread: Bleeding between periods

Bleeding between periods

Hi everyone I joined this forum a couple of years ago but can't remember my email so have rejoined again now.

These last couple of weeks my anxiety has gone through the roof I cant remember the last time I didn't feel stressed or worried, now to top it all off I've started bleeding between periods. I've spoke to my doctor but I'm going out of my mind with worry.

I'm 24 and have had my period since I was 11. It's always been super regular 27 day cycles and never caused my any problems what so ever. I don't take any form of birth control.However the last couple of months I've had slight bleeding on day 14, it always happened at the same time so I put it down to hormones. This month it happened again on day 14, it's now day 20 and it's been happening on and off since then. It bright red like the beginning of a period and only comes out when I wipe then it's completely gone. It won't happen again then for a day or two then it will happen again I have period type pains but only mild.

I've been googling, bad idea I know but I can't help myself. I'm terrified I have some form of cancer, mainly cervical cancer. I've never been sexually active so from what I've read my chances of having cervical cancer are very low right?
    Has anyone ever experienced this and found out what it was? Thanks

Re: Bleeding between periods

Hi, I know it's an old thread but did you ever find out what was going on? I'm having similar issues x

Re: Bleeding between periods

It could easily be ovulatory pain/bleeding, given the timing you're describing. "Mittelschmerz" is the actual medical term for it, if you want to dig into that. Cervical cancer is basically a nonpoint if you've never had any potential exposure to HPV, which is caused through genital contact with an infected person.

***6+ years working in sexual health and I'm all about statistics & risk assessment; I'm happy to tell you why you can't get HIV from touching a stair banister or sitting on a toilet seat!***

Thread Information