Thread: Pregnancy, PMS or Perimenopause? - I guess I need thoughts!

Pregnancy, PMS or Perimenopause? - I guess I need thoughts!

Hello all!

As before I mentioned, 2 weeks ago I started having tenderness, swelling and burning feeling in my left breast only (which feels better at some days and comes and goes) so I try to avoid the thoughts of having a bad thing in there. Since it exactly feels like PMS pain and didn't manage to find any lumps in my breasts. And the nurse told me to wait one more week, then call again if it gets persistent (yeah, Sweden...)

But recently I was told actually PMS as early as 2-3 weeks can also be signs of pregnancy... I don't feel any other symptoms other than my left breast is like a strained cannonball xD and other one is trying to compete with it nowadays (they get a bit worse in the evening and night).
    Bloated belly and some small cramps (not too often). That's all! O_o No nausea, tiredness, nothing. Just feeling a bit warmer than usual especially early in the morning. My period is due in 4-6 days. Of course naturally, I am having mood swings -.-'

I'm 39 and I have a history of early menopause in family (mom & grandma both - age 41)
    Uhh, which one is it? So bored and nervous to wait for my period :/ Because then also hopefully the pain in my breast is going to go away...

Re: Pregnancy, PMS or Perimenopause? - I guess I need thoughts!

Hi there, a blood test will show any signs of oestrogen dropping off as in the peri-menopause and of course a urine test will show up any pregnancy hormones, is it possible to do the tests to at least show which is giving the symptoms? Especially the 'strained cannon ball' breast lol!

ISB x

Re: Pregnancy, PMS or Perimenopause? - I guess I need thoughts!

It might be worth getting a blood test done, but I'm told that it only gives you a snapshot of what's going on with your hormones on that particular day so it isn't always 100% accurate.

Thread Information