Thread: 24 hour ecg came back normal

24 hour ecg came back normal

hi im pleased mine came back normal it was a 24 hour holter one, but what does it tell me isn't wrong with me ?

As read some things saying there not the best way to tell for problems ?

Re: 24 hour ecg came back normal

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell123 View Post
    hi im pleased mine came back normal it was a 24 hour holter one, but what does it tell me isn't wrong with me ?

As read some things saying there not the best way to tell for problems ?
    What it tells you is that your heart is fine and that the symptoms you've been experiencing are due to anxiety disorder.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

ohwell123, i wore one for a few days and even had some major heart palps whilst wearing it and my heart doc said all was well and my heart was very healthy. i asked about the heart palps and he said they were nothing to worry about. he explained why it happens and what causes it. congrats on the good news from your doc. before i wore the holter monitor, i had an ultrasound done on my heart, so i have had it thoroughly checked out. you might want to have this done as well just for extra assurance. blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Deepthinker View Post
    you might want to have this done as well just for extra assurance. blessings!
    I have trepidation about this. I have to assume the OP is younger and in otherwise good health aside from anxiety. Assurance seeking in the form of further testing after being given an all clear is a waste of money, can get in the way of individuals really needing medical attention, taxes the insurance companies and does nothing in the long term to treat the root of the problem. It has been shown time and time again on the boards that it only works for a short period of time until the next symptom arises and the process starts over again.

The OP has been given the all clear which is awesome! It's time to start treating the real illness and stop chasing a diagnosis IMO.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

well said, fishmanpa. i mentioned it only because i could tell that she was already having doubts about the reliability of the holter monitor. an ultrasound would be a trustworthy second opinion. you are right, though, sooner or later one must stop chasing a diagnosis and start treating the real illness. as one who has been through this myself, i understand.

hi thanks for the replies I think I get so many symptoms I have every disease in the book

Thread Information