Thread: Back again..lymph nodes above collarbone

Back again..lymph nodes above collarbone

I thought I was managing ok but it's come back with a vengeance.
    I can feel a lymph node above each collar bone, firm ish and moveable which I've noticed for a week. I also have a small one in front of my ear which has been there for over 4 weeks now.
    I had bloods taken today for a different issue but didn't mention the nodes above collar bone. Im putting 1+1 together and getting 3, thinking the worst.I had a meltdown earlier and hate the way anxiety is making me feel.Alone.
    I take sertraline and helps most days but today wasn't one of them .

Re: Back again..lymph nodes above collarbone

Moveable is the key here! Relax as they move!

I had a cold in August last year and my nodes have only just gotten smaller-I had all the tests under the sun and each doctor said they are moveable so stop worrying.

B x

I have the same problem with 2 hard ones in my neck, one on each side of my wind pipe, super hard, like bones. Because they are symmetrical it helps, it means they are very much so most likely normal I think those of us with Health Anxiety fear every odd bump and lump we find, even when they are very much so normal!

It's been feeling tender today, probably from the poking. I had bloods taken yesterday to check hormone levels as gp thinks I may have PCOS ? A symptom of this is having tender breasts which I've had for a couple months ( more pain in one than the other),but yesterday when I was googling everything said if the right superclavicular Nodes is enlarged it's mostly cancer. So I put that with the breast pain and then freaked out. X

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin8808 View Post
    I have the same problem with 2 hard ones in my neck, one on each side of my wind pipe, super hard, like bones. Because they are symmetrical it helps, it means they are very much so most likely normal I think those of us with Health Anxiety fear every odd bump and lump we find, even when they are very much so normal!
    I have these I don't even think they are nodes 😄

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zestyz View Post
    It's been feeling tender today, probably from the poking. I had bloods taken yesterday to check hormone levels as gp thinks I may have PCOS ? A symptom of this is having tender breasts which I've had for a couple months ( more pain in one than the other),but yesterday when I was googling everything said if the right superclavicular Nodes is enlarged it's mostly cancer. So I put that with the breast pain and then freaked out. X
    Can I tell you a little story- I had the collar bone node, a breast node and a leaky breast at the same time and after scans and tests it came back all normal and just one of those things!! Having two tender breasts is also a good thing so I hope my take puts your mind at ease x

Thank you, I am feeling a bit better now. Still prodding , but getting there slowly!

stop prodding!! you need to let them rest

Moveable= not cancer

Thread Information