Thread: Follow up after mammogram. More cream, more waiting, then possibly a biopsy

Follow up after mammogram. More cream, more waiting, then possibly a biopsy

I have a sore left niipple that has some weird spots on it. The doctor sent me for a mammogram and ultrasound, which were clear. I went for my follow up with the doctor today and he said the mammogram looked good and he doesn't *think* this is probably paget's disease. However, he is going to have me use a medicated cream for 2 weeks and hot compresses. Then, in 4 weeks, he is going to have me come back and take a look to see if it has gotten better, worse, or stayed the same. If it is not better, he will consult with a surgeon who will do a biopsy.

I am still a bit scared, but trying to be optimistic.

Re: Follow up after mammogram. More cream, more waiting, then possibly a biopsy

Think I'm going to move on to another forum somewhere. Not much activity and/or support here. Good luck to everyone I've posted to.

I'm not sure what response you are looking for to be honest.

I know waiting is annoying but your doctor is doing all he can for you at the moment and he's the expert.

I'm not looking for an "answer". I was looking for support. It's not just annoying, it's scary. This is just not the place for me, apparently.

I'm sorry you haven't gotten any support here. I agree, it does sound scary. I can't even imagine. I would assume if he really was concerned, he wouldn't wait on the biopsy honestly. Hope the cream helps.

Thread Information