Thread: There IS hope

There IS hope

I just wanted to post this in the hope it may help others. Last week I had been having panic attacks constantly and I had enough. I know you may have been there. I couldn't take the feeling anymore and just wanted it to stop and didn't care how. As a last ditch attempt, I rang 111 and explained my situation, thinking they may send a doctor out to give me a sedative or jut check on me. To my horror an ambulance turned up within minutes and two of the kindest paramedics sat and talked to me for about an hour. They told me that they, themselves, were ex servicemen and suffered from PTSD and understood how I felt. I kept apologising because I didn't feel that I should be wasting their time, when other "really sick" people needed the. They told me that I was as ill as any other call out and took me to hospital. There, I saw, what I now know are called the Crash team and are there to help anyone with my sort of problem. A very nice lady talked to me, asked me questions and her final one was, "If you could ask me anything, what would it be?" I just said, "Please help me".
    She said that my medication obviously wasn't working and that they needed changing. She then contacted my doctor and arranged it. Then she contacted a local counselling group and arranged for me to be seen.
    Just by listening to me and understanding my pain made me feel easier. Even when I left the hospital, she took the time to give me a hug and told me to come back if I needed someone to talk to.
    I write this because I felt ashamed and embarrassed that I didn't have a "real" illness but it nearly, literally, killed me. Had it not been for the kindness and understanding of the people I saw. I'm still recovering but I feel I'm getting there and that there is real help out there that will listen and understand. GPs are not always right, that's why they are "general". I learnt that you need to talk to people who really know.
    This site is fantastic and it helps knowing that we all feel the same pain.
    I hope this may help somebody who feels lost and alone.
    Don't suffer and let it get as far as I did. Don't be afraid to ask for help.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: There IS hope

That's a brilliant post Gauss 101. I agree with everything you have said. But, like you said; having people to talk is very important for people with Anxieties.
    This Site has been a Godsend for a lot of people.

Aww it's really nice you found someone like this to helps glad your feeling better.. I'm just constantly worrying about panic attacks. Feeling dizzy alot of the time and when iv had a panic attack it's hard to get breathing back to normal. Just scares me. Iv got 2 little girls under 3 and I just want to get back to my old self. Even get nervous going out now �� I'm hoping I'll learn how to handle them better but at minute I just can't xxxx

Agreed... Just being able to talk to people who understand what you are going through is amazingly helpful and therapeutic

The site has been a fantastic help!

That was really nice to read. I'm sorry things were so rough for you, but glad you were able to get help from some really amazing people. Thanks for the post.

Fantastic post. Thank you

Thread Information