Thread: Citalopram & tummy cramps.

Citalopram & tummy cramps.

Hi there - does anyone know if stomach cramps, gurgling and gnawing feeling in tummy are side effects of Citalopram? Doc prescribed Citalopram for my IBS, anxiety etc and I started taking 10mg/day around about the 9 June then doc said to up it to 20mg after a couple or weeks or so. Now been on 20mg for about 4 weeks. Was OK on 10mg so have reduced it back down now to see if things improve. Funny thing is that I was on it earlier in the year for 3 months and I didn't seem to get the stomach cramps like now. I wonder if it is because I take it at night - maybe I should take it in the morning with food? Any suggestions or advice really welcome.

Re: Citalopram & tummy cramps.

Stomach cramps and all the other symptoms sounds like anxiety especially with the ibs. Citropram can cause nausea I know that. Have u spoken to the doctor again? Maybe the more u think and worry about the stomach issues it's making it worse. I have the biggest amount of HA so I know it's easier said than done xx

---------- Post added at 22:30 ---------- Previous post was at 22:30 ----------

Also take it in the morning with food I would say give it ago maybe try gaviscon and see f it helps the belly stuff if it does it's because of the acid in tummy x

I am sure you are right, thinking about it does make it worse and that's why he gave me the tablets to try to take my mind off the pain I get under my ribs for which they can't find anything wrong. A lot of it is self perpetuating I am sure.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I guarantee it is, I literally thought it was stomach cancer was sooo convinced and was in lots of pain had an endoscopyqs blood in stool and the pain went straight away so did the bloody I. Stool! Maybe give it a week Hun and defiantly take somthing for acid in belly or if it carries on get anti acid from doctors as the more you worry the more acid goes in your belly the worse you will feel. And try not to have too much fizzy drinks, spicy food or ibroprophen for a week as they will irritate your belly. X

Thread Information