Thread: Doxepin

Doxepin

I've recently been put on Doxepin Hydrochloride for chronic itching, depression and anxiety. It is a sister drug to Dolesupin. Originally my pharmacy gave me Dolesupin after they couldn't find Doxepin in their store and I only realised two days later. After returning incorrect drugs they discovered the reason they couldn't find it was that it had recently been discontinued and they recommended I tried elsewhere. I found some Doxepin quite easily and they appear to be helping but my concern is what will they put me on after stocks have run out? My priority is the anti-itch function and Dolesupin doesn't seem to do that. I have my two week check next week and will be mentioning it. I really really don't want to go back to square one :(

Re: Doxepin

I've had a look online and its discontinuation doesn't seem to have been announced anywhere. I'd double check with your GP first.

I'm not surprised that the Dosulepin didn't work. The itching is controlled by a drug's antihistamine effect - while dosulepin does act as quite a strong antihistamine - doxepin is even stronger. If it is actually being discontinued you could ask your GP for another antihistamine of some kind.

Thread Information