Thread: Question about magnesium supplements

Question about magnesium supplements

I started taking Magnesium supplements because i read on here they can help with palpitations in people.

I looked up on google and it said if you have palpitations you shouldnt take magnesium supplements as it can be very dangerous and you can die so now Im freaked out.

I've had some gas issues. No diarea but I fart alot. Isn't that a side effect of too much magnesium? I take the daily dose on the supplement bottle. Daily dose is 3 pills a day. Once every 8 hours.

My health anxieties never end..

Is magnesium supplements good for palpitations or not?..

Re: Question about magnesium supplements

That's really how Google said it? That magnesium supplements are very dangerous and you can die if you take them? Google has stooped to a new low if that's how they're wording their info these days!

I take magnesium at 200mg a day in one solubale tablet flavoured with lemon in a glass of water. I also suffer with palpitaions...missed beats....every day too. I can't say if taking the magnesium has helped to lessen the power of them as I also stopped drinking every evening around the same time as taking the magnesium for the first time so I think that has probably got more to do with how much better I feel than the magnesium! I take them because I read a doctor's report on the benefits of taking this supplement and he takes it at 400mg a day. He also said that you have to take a massive amount for it to put you in any danger, and even then its not necessarily life-threatening so I decided to trust him on that.

I guess its like everything...what is too much? I also take thyroxine to top up my lack of this hormone due to an underactive thyroid so then its just replacing what's lost. Magnesium can't be measured in the same way so how do we know when we're just topping up levels or taking too much? I'm as much in the dark as you

ISB x

Haha Im so worried about everything that I consume..

Im actually kind of agitated because I also read the one magnesium product I picked is supposely useless. I've been taking Magnesium with Zinc nature valley. Apparently that is a oxide product and magnesium oxide doesn't absord like others do. Ugh of course Id choose the wrong one at the store..

---------- Post added at 19:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:17 ----------

What happens to all the extra magnesium oxide that isn't absorded? Is it safe for me to switch over to a more absortable magnesium today or should i wait a while?

Magnesium taurate has been amazing!
    Wish I had tried this before citalopram a few years ago!

Fingers crossed this works for good

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkersbob1710 View Post

Mag Taurate is the one I haven't tried, but I use a Mag BiGlycinate and take a taurine supplement as well, so kinda getting the same thing. I would agree that Magnesium is excellent for mood stabling, anxiety killing and really helping with sleep.

Magnesium Glycinate 200mg 2 x day
    Taurine 1g
    Vitamin C 1g
    Multivitamin 1 x day
    Omega3 2 x day (achieving 1000mg EPA)

George Eby on Magnesium deficiency causing anxiety and depression: http://george-eby-research.com/html/...n-anxiety.html

Omega 3 information : http://psycheducation.org/treatment/...3-fatty-acids/

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkersbob1710 View Post

Glad to hear that Bob.

I think the only drawback is that there can be similiar priced products with far less Taurine in them than others so you have to do your research. Plus it seems to be a less common form as there are not many brands out there.

Thread Information