Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drank mouldy fizzy drink

Drank mouldy fizzy drink

I accidently just drank a fizzy drink that has been open and sitting in my bedroom window for over a month. I spat it out when I realised but swallowed some. Will this have any effect on me?

Re: Drank mouldy fizzy drink

No xxx

I just poured the rest away and it was pure brown with stuff swimming in it and a big black thing. So scared now. What shall I do? Surely this will kill me? It used to be lemonade

You may get a very short stomachache if you swallowed enough, which by the sounds of it you didn't. The worse is your probably a little grossed out by it. I ate half a slice of mouldy toasted bread before, how the hell didn't I notice it was green until I was over halfway through. It just made me pull a face, threw it out and... Nothing happened at all. You'll be fine xxx

The average ph of carbonated drinks is apparently around 4.5...barely any pathogenic bacteria can survive in that environment...not to mention all the sugar.
    In addition your stomach acid will also destroy any bacteria.
    You'll be fine x

This mould was really dark and as it's been festering for over a month I'm terrified. Should I seek medical help?

Quote Originally Posted by lb76696 View Post
    This mould was really dark and as it's been festering for over a month I'm terrified. Should I seek medical help?
    To be honest im sure you will be fine my little niece drank fabric conditioner and she is fine ,but if you are that anxious phone a nhs helpline xx

"It used to be lemonade" ~lol~ Sorry, that made me laugh. I cleaned out the fridge at work the other day and there were some things growing in there that could have been the next cure for cancer!

Seriously thought, you'll be fine. If I lived after my kids puked in my mouth while playing with them, you'll live too. At worst it's turned into penicillin and it'll fight off infections I do have to question whether it was still fizzy after a month on the window sill...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Nope! My daughter drank moldy Gatorade once... Didn't do a thing...

I can't tell you how many times I've phoned a 'professional' about mould, even the poison line - they have all said the same thing.

If you continuously did this then you'd be affecting your system and need help - if you did it once then nothing will happen, worse case is you may feel sick but even then they said it would be unlikely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information