Thread: Help I'm scared I'm going to have heart attack

Help I'm scared I'm going to have heart attack

I'm really scared I'm getting a squeezing psin I'm left arm and back and neck all u read about this symptom is massive heart attack & I'm certain it's going to happen . Please as anyone else had a symptom like this ???? Or is it really goin to happen x

Re: Help I'm scared I'm going to have heart attack

I've had two heart attacks, surgery and stents. Both times the pain was mainly in my chest and excruciating. If you were truly having a physical heart issue, you wouldn't be posting waiting for an answer.

Heart issues are due to many reasons. Risk factors include age, habits (smoking being a big one), heredity etc. When in doubt, always err on the side of caution.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi dac

my father has taken a heart attack and I've just asked him for you and he said you wouldn't even be writing on this forum if it was one...

Could be a pulled muscle, muscle spasm, pinched nerve, i feel for you because I always jump straight to the most awful thing it could be, catastrophising is a well known bio product of anxiety along with the symptom you're experiencing dac, pulling yourself all in muscles tightening, then afterwards the pain of all that tension.. Take some deep breaths in for 5 and out for 7... even try taking 2 paracetamol to take the pain away...

I hope I've been a help to you dac

If you're still worried pop down to your surgery for a check up.

Petesy.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but ourselves can free our mind" Bob Barley.

hi dac, im in the same boat, i get a pain in my arm, palpitations, lately ive been having pain in my back, get chest aches on and off all day, everytime i feel one im convinced im having a heart attack,
    ive had to close my business due to panic attacks and anxiety about heart attacks, i struggle to go out Alone unless its to a place of safety ie drs, hospital, incase it was to happen i know id be safe.. ish...

ive got 2 kids and im 29, i feel like a burdon to my family ,

today ive been having a dull ache in my jaw and im bricking it ......

i think the nhs hates me too lol

Thank you for the replies , yes I feel bit better , I will practice the breathing and hopefully subside , my father died from a heart attack quite young so I worry bout it happening to me although I worry about every illness going but today has been bad with heart , as this pain I've been getting for months and just keep thinking it's a warning sign , as Google tells you this . Thanks again for the kind words . Hopefully I'll still be alive x

---------- Post added at 20:55 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Hi
    , I've had the same thing with my jaw , that's really worrying then I'll get tingles in my face then it's a stroke that always brings on a panic attack it's happened twice , the pain in the arm though now I've read some posts similar I feel much better that's it's just not me and anxiety can bring on this symptom , I've got to keep telling myself I'm ok and I'm going to start meditating and get therapy I need to conquer this terrible debilitating thing . Are you receiving any help

i read all the post on here and feel relaxed ..... then sh*t my self thinking perhaps im different... ruins me in the head :(

Hi petesey , I've made appt for next week to have yet another ecg and blood tests to rule out any problems , then if all is well I have asked for counselling for my HA and hopefully get better . I did take the paracetamol still keep getting bit of pain though x

dac, if you've never had your heart checked out before, then you probably should. i had to do that to get peace of mind. once i found out that everything was fine, it helped greatly with my panic and anxiety. hope you feel better, soon. blessings!

Thread Information