Thread: Shivering and coldness

Shivering and coldness

Having posted on numerous occasions, most of you will be aware that I often talk about being shivery and trembling.

This coldness/shivery thing is in its own way quite diffiuclt to cope with.

I've come to realise that when I'm cold, I hunch my shoulders, creating tension, which in turn leads to pain. I don't understand why when I'm in a warm enough environment I should feel so cold. This morning after one of the best night's sleep I've had in ages, the bed to myself, quite warm enough, I found myself 'huddling', shoulders up into my neck. As soon as I realised what was happening, I forced myself to relax, but then immediately thought to myself "I'm cold". As I sit here I can feel a chill around my shoulders (seems to always be in the same place). Admittedly I've just come indoors after some outdoor jobs, and I'll probably feel better when I've had a hot shower.

I honestly believe that the warmth and light elements existing in our environment can make a vast difference to how we relax and hence how we feel.

Why I feel shivery so much of the time, I don't now - maybe the meds (I've been taking propanalol).

Anybody any thoughts or ideas on the above? Does anybody else experience similar shivering episodes.

Sandie

Hi Sandie.

I have not only had to learn about pa's, anxiety but about myself and my body to. I do feel cold, sometimes, but I have clocked it and it seems to be around my period time, (monthlys) getting a warm bath does help lots, but if your out and about, ohh boy do I feel cold and shivery. When I was acute the shivering and trembling was a little worse. I feel that for me becasue my anxiety levels were high that the fligh, fight response was there also, causeing the shiverying and trembling to get worse.

I still feel cold from time to time but don't shiveror tremble now, I feel that if I change my diet and start eating healthy, this may help with this, something to change in the new year. Oh and pancking in the cigs.

It is possible that the meds may be the cause of this too, ask your gp about side effects of this med.

We all shake or shiver when we are nervous or cold. Shaking is a normal reaction to fear and/or a drop in body temperature. Shaking occurs when the muscles spasmodically contract creating friction between muscles and other body tissues. This friction creates heat which raises body temperature. During anxiety it is quite normal to experience shaking or shivering. It will pass.

This is just my idea, I am happy with my explanation for myself, feeling cold does not bother me anymore.

Hope this has helped a little

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Jill, I feel this one!! I call anxiety attacks "feeling shaky." I keep a heater under my desk. I find that I rub my feet together in bed if I am anxious. I've found yoga helps me with the hunching up, but you have hit the nail on the head, I think. I actually fold myself up so much that I dislocate my ribs on a regular basis. It sucks.

Thread Information