Thread: Worried about holter results - ectopic beats

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Worried about holter results - ectopic beats

I've gotten my 24h holter results today and I'm a bit worried due to the ectopics and because each new holter I do the more supraventricular ectopics it registers. It's like a crescendo. This is what it registered:

- 1 ventricular ectopic at 09:20 (I was exercising - walking at a fast pace - and AS ALWAYS when I do that, I was anxious and having all the symptoms associated to anxiety)

- 5 supraventricular ectopics (one of them was at 09:32, I was still exercising as described above. As to the others some occurred while I was sleeping (I didn't feel them), one in the afternoon - I also didn't feel it but was in the hour after I did 30 minutes of bicycle - and one when I went to bed - I felt what seemed to be a very mild extra-beat but it could have been a muscle spasm as well, I'm not sure what it was but the time seems to be coincident with the ectopic)

- 197 bradycardia runs, the longest was 213 beats at 06:16 and the minimum rate was 37 bpm at 05:37 - now, all this is certainly due to the beta-blocker I'm taking (only a half tablet in the morning) because the holters I did before start taking this medication had very few or zero bradycardia runs. Maybe I should talk to the cardiologist to reduce the dose to a quarter tablet?

- Min heart rate: 46 bpm at 05:21
    - Max heart rate: 117 bpm at 09:19
    - Avg heart rate: 63 bpm
    - Sinus rhythm

I had many symptoms during the holter that I took note of and apparently there's no electrocardiographic changes related to them. BUT unfortunately I didn't have any of those almost paralysing "acute" episodes of racing and pounding heart beats, hot flushes and (a sense of) near faint - those ones we think we're going to die. I'd like to know how would those look on the holter. Would they appear as supraventricular or ventricular tachycardias or just a sinus one? So while I am somewhat relieved I am still worried because I'm fearing that potentially dangerous arrhythmias haven't been caught... Have you guys ever had similar holter results and an overall identical experience to mine? I'm seeing the cardiologist next week.
    Last edited by Junot; 28-07-14 at 15:54.

Thread Information