Thread: I think I might be understanding my HA

I think I might be understanding my HA

Hi everyone.

I have not posted on here for a goodfew weeks as my symptoms had all but dissapeared. For those of you who know me (or my posts at least), my main symptom was the globus throat lump sensation. Well, ever since I started my study at Uni at the end of September, the damn thing completely went. Not even the slightest trace. I can honestly say that the last few weeks have just about been anxiety free.

However, I broke up for Christmas on Friday (after being predicted three A's and a B for my first semseter!!). But, after two days of kicking around having little to do, guess what..........

It's back already. Not as bad as it was but I can feel it starting.

But, my first reaction was 'Oh, its back because I'm no longer occupied and I'm stressing a little about Christmas as its the first my family has to go through since my Dad died in the summer'.

Then shortly after I thought it might be something bad.

So although its back, I'm trying to stay positive and not get myself worked up on a slippery slope downwards to self perpetuating fear and stress.

Hope you are all OK and hanging in there.

Peace and love,

Dan

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

good for you dan, i think you might be halfway there to recovery if you've accepted it and are trying to stay positive.

im yet to get to that stage lol, tried and failed but i'll get there in the end.

i used to have this symptom yeaaaars ago along with a nervous twitch in my eye but as soon as my then husband left me, it went practically overnight!! if i'd have known he was the cause id have kicked him out years before rofl

good luck and merry xmas!!!

Wow, good on you, that sounds like a "normal" reaction. Keep that thought with you, and I'm sure you'll be fine. Once you've got this Christmas out the way, things can only get better. Well done, keep us posted how it goes!

Hi Dan,

[Wow!] your doing just great, WELL DONE. [^]

Your attatude will get you where you want to be and that is feeling better. Keep up the good work

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Fear is the darkroom
    where negatives are developed.

hi dan
    i know what you mean,my dizzy headache sinus problems went awy for a while and i felt great no health anxiety for a while but now its back the good thing is i know its anxiety because i had a couple of stress full days over various things and ive learned that this can bring back the anxiety so im coping a bit better and like you im trying not to slide back into mega panic,we both know its anxiety so lets kick it HARD in the genital area Lol! and get rid of it m8 once and for all
    looking up not down
    Mick

Hope you all have a peaceful and quiet Christmas.

With love,

Dan

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Thread Information