Thread: How bad can depression/anxiety make you feel? (Physically)

How bad can depression/anxiety make you feel? (Physically)

I just feel sick and tired to the extreme all the time..literally. No energy, physically or mentally (it feels like my body's energy keeps on being drained even after I have something to eat), no motivation, very negative and prominent thoughts, constant anxiety/panic, I'm not going outside anymore like I used to (used to walk the beach down the street from my house every single day and night..but just don't have the energy anymore), I'm not calling friends or talking very much at all to anybody, and like I said overall I just feel VERY struck down, drained of energy, weighted, caged, etc. I can literally physically feel it all on a daily basis.

Something inside of me is eating away at my happiness and old, spontaneous self slowly but surely....and it's making me feel as if any moment now I'm going to snap and completely lose it. These sensations are unbearable...

Anybody out there feel the same.....or have felt the same at one point in time...? How bad can depression/anxiety actually get? I miss my life :/...

Re: How bad can depression/anxiety make you feel? (Physically)

I know the feeling; I'm sure most of us here do.

As hard as it is, one of the best things is to actually get up and get moving. Even if it's just down the block and back again, it's a start. Fresh air and sunshine really are great medicine

If you feel up to it, call a friend and go to lunch. It doesn't have to be much, just an hour together, but it's a start and it may just perk you up.

Once you get into that rut of moping around and feeling tired all the time, it begins to stick and just becomes a vicious cycle.

Hope you get to feeling better.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information