Thread: thank you all sooo much

thank you all sooo much

ive been on this site for a little more than 24 hours and u are all the nicest people ever! so if u dont mind i would like to describe my day really brief. woke up felt weird as usual and drove to work with no problems just tried my best to tell my self dont think about it.. we had a long drive to san diego and no attack. i hate how somedays ur perfectly fine then others ur horrible.

so by the end of the day when i got back to our office i played ping pong with my co worker and had a piece of chocolate. and then that feeling started to come. i dont know if any of you get it..... but its that feeling like u had three energy drinks and u get real jittery. ugh i dunno what it is. i get a tid bit of a blurry vision too.

i have other questions too like this........ if i take a xanax (which is prescribed to me) and then want to do my normal workout when i get home is that bad for your heart?

should i cut down on alcohol(i only ever really have one or two beers a month)

should i not eat chocolate?

how do i not know that the doctor is just guessing and saying its just anxiety and its something horrible?

do any of u get a racy heart when u have just got done eating? and short of breath? oh man i have sooooo many questions i forget to list them. so i hope none of you think i let all ur advice go in one ear and then out the other cuz i truly listen to advice i just get so scared alllll over again when the anxiety happens. if any one has the patience to answer trhose it would be greatly appreciated [V]

brandon town

Hiya hun
    Ok here goes some answers from my experiences anyway.

Yes you can exercise while taking Xanax. Just know that med can make you tired when you first start taking it so if you feel like you can't exercise as long you will at least know why.

If you only have a few beers a month then no you don't need to cut down on your alcohol consumption.

Chocolate does have caffiene so it's not good to eat alot of it. But I am absolutely addicted to the stuff so who am I to tell you not to eat loads of it. LOL

If you don't believe the doc then you can always get a second opinion. Believe me we have all gone thru the denial period and all I can tell you is the sooner you come to the realization that it's anxiety, the sooner you can start to overcome it.

I used to get racy heart all the time so I don't really know if it was worse right after I ate. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

The shortness of breath could be the way you are breathing. Slow down and try to exhale longer than you inhale. Breathing exercises have really helped me to overcome that symptom.

I know it's scary but just know that no one has ever died from an anxiety attack. You will make it thru.
    Talk to ya soon
    xxx
    Sandy

awwwwww thank you sandy!!!!! alot of that really helped. ya i just get real scared something else is wrong and it pisses me off when the doc is like its just anxiety. then i ask something else and he says its just anxiety. erghh i just want to knock his teeth in hahahahahaha. well maybe not but u ger my point. bottom line i feel like something other than anxiety is wrong with me. thats my biggest problem. but for the most part sandy i am doing i little better and i thank u soooooo much<3 ur my favorite

brandon town

Hi Brandon
    Like you feel the same,always think well Doctors can be wrong, anyway went to see mine yesterday and he said the usual, anxiety learn to relax etc, and for the first time I actually said that I realise that he is right but that it does not make how I feel any better, and I am not prepared to carry on feeling like this, he is there to help me feel better, once I started it all came out, result, a I feel better for having taken the power back to me and having had the guts to actually say no I want something done, and he is referring me to a councellor, and maybe CBT,mand gave me a short course of diazepam, so please go back to your doc and tell him you want your life back.
    Good Luck

Thread Information