Thread: Mirtazapine

Mirtazapine

hi i have been on mirtazapine for around a year and a half on and off but more on nowadays,i am curious too think there making me depressed and over thinking everything and i cant think straight or properly too.is it a good idea too just stop taking them? i really have a gut feeling its zispin that is doing this too me more or less 100%.im not suicidle i just need too sort this out i am 24 years old and shouldnt be on a tablet too make or keep me happy,my vision is blurred too which is making my eye sight bad aswel?thank you for your time

Re: Mirtazapine

You don't say what dosage of Mirt you are taking. I expect that it is the optimal dose for depression if the Dr has prescribed it for that condition. I have experienced a lift in my depression since on them by I have not had them as long as you have. I have not experienced blurred vision .the important thing is that you should NOT stop taking them without talking to your Dr or Health Care Pro. It is a really bad idea to stop them all if a sudden and if you decide to come off them you will need to taper under the advice of the Dr.
    Sorry if this has not been a huge help but thinking if you anyway.
    PS have you tried reading some older posts on here from others who have been on them, come off the etc. I find that these can be helpful.x

i am taking 15mg at the moment and have been for 5 6 months now,started off with 50mgs then down too 30 an now 15i was diognosed with depression she said it would help my mood,hasnt really.and it has thank you im not thinking of stopping them suddenly because i used too be suicidle for awhile and afraid il jus get a horrible time if i do(im ok now but just incase ) xthanks again

Hi Egghead,

I'd talk it over with the doctor if you think mirtazapine is not working (or at your present dose). Your doctor may want to suggest another medication. It's important that you are feeling well and confident before you start scaling back. Don't worry about taking meds for the time being.

Thread Information