Thread: Overcame anxiety but feel exhausted

Overcame anxiety but feel exhausted

I will start with the good news for me. I was nearly overtaken by panic attacks and overwhelming anxiety earlier this year but through meditation, a better diet, and a changed outlook on life I have been feeling a lot better. I have had almost no anxiousness over the past month and a lot of stressors (including at my job) have gone away.

The bad news...I haven't slept decently in two weeks, which is totally out of character. Two weeks ago I had a nightmare and woke up early in the morning, about 3 AM. I was not able to go back to sleep and since then I just cannot sleep soundly at all. Usually I can get to sleep but I easily wake up, sometimes twice or 3 times in a night, and, for some reason, feel a shot of energy after being disturbed. This makes it very hard for me to lie back down again. Other times I am nearly asleep when something makes me spring up awake and my chance of getting rest is lost.

I have been able to get 7-8 hours every few days but it seems like this problem is getting worse. Last night I only had 4 or 4 1/2 hours and I feel completely exhausted in the office. I am so depressed right now and I feel like I'm never going to get out of this cycle.

Has anyone who improved their anxiety been through this kind of thing as a 'withdrawal' or something along those lines?

Re: Overcame anxiety but feel exhausted

Hi, glad to hear things are improving for you this year.

With regards to the sleep thing I stopped sleeping for about a month a while ago. I eventually gave into it and stopped trying to force it, I just stayed up until I was shattered. I'm now sleeping a lot better as I'm not stressing about it.

Thread Information