Thread: Seven weeks on 20 mg and side effects back after 4 good weeks.....help!

Seven weeks on 20 mg and side effects back after 4 good weeks.....help!

sitting writing this after a terrible night running to the loo and also feeling really nausea's again ....worse than in the beginning
    I just don't get WHY these side effects have come back when they have been gone for over 4 weeks up until this week??
    Im in bed shaking,sweating,crying and unable to rest my hearts racing so much!
    ive done deep breathing off and on all night but I just can't relax....that's all I want so badly.
    I just am in despair of what to do
    A very sad and scared Pamela x

Re: Seven weeks on 20 mg and side effects back after 4 good weeks.....help!

Hi Pamela
    I've just posted on your other thread as well,but I wanted you to know that there is a way through this.
    Your meds may just need a bit of tinkering with,and it could make all the difference to you.
    This happened to me,and I even ended up in a and e,because I felt as though I was losing it!
    I wasn't,it was all anxiety,but I wanted you to know that when my meds were sorted out I've been sooo much better. Take care

Thanks so much AprilM for your message
    I just feel so hopeless and deflated right now
    I really thought I was on the up ......felt great...even had started to forget what it felt like to be bad?! So for this to strike again and seem worse if anything this time has really been a blow!!
    I had such a bad night last night .......loo visits with gripy tummy and I felt sicker than anytime at the beginning....just yuk!!
    I suppose 7 weeks is still early? Do you think I may be still in the transition stages and it will start to work again....hope so?!
    I have wonderful support from my husband of 36 years and all my family...my two sons have been brilliant .....I just want to be the ' me ' they all know ....not this creature that has emerged who cries and shakes
    Thanks for listening and caring
    Pamela x

---------- Post added at 09:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

I can't find your other post AprilM x

Sorry ,it was on Sarah H's thread.
    It may be that its just a blip,but if you continue to be like this,I would definitely go back and see your doc.
    Don't worry if it needs to be upped a bit,sometimes its trial and error with these things,until you find what suits you best.
    I'm actually on a combo of meds that took
    quite a bit of sorting,but once they are,you'll feel so much better,honestly.
    You may still be in the settling down stage as well,so try not to be too disheartened.
    You've felt better before,you can feel better again.
    Its good that you have a supportive family around you,I've been very fortunate with that as well.
    You will get better hun,it just takes time to sort it all out.
    See how you go over the weekend maybe,and then book an appt for next week?let's know how you get on x

Thanks again AprilM
    Just offloading on here to people who KNOW how it feels is somehow comforting
    I don't want to keep on and on being miserable and crying around those I love so much ......I'm their mum and a wife and they have never seen me like this before and shouldn't have to!
    I'll keep plodding on ....like you say I have been there once so in theory I should be able to get there again?!
    Your support is very much appreciated xx

You're very welcome.
    Has the doc given you any low dose diazapan or similar to help you thought this stage?
    They can be a real help,and can help to level the ups and downs a bit.
    Just something like 2mg,as and when.
    As long as its just short term,they can really help.
    Maybe you could suggest it to them?
    I really do know how hard it is,but you CAN get back on track again,and the turnaround can be quite swift,given support and guidance.
    Take care x

Hi Aprilmoon
    Better night last night .....still nausea's but no trips to the loo
    At seven this morning I was back to shaking and crying on my hubby and generally in a state .......so he calmed me down and I went back to bed with a brew and I took two 30//500 co codamol tablets which I have been avoiding cos I thought they were addictive and didn't want to exacerbate the already problems ....the result I have then slept till 12.15 ......
    I am now sat eating porridge and banana and drinking fruit juice
    Still shaky but feel better for the sleep
    This is certainly a very bumpy ride.
    Thanks for your support and ear x

Thread Information