Thread: Any Ideas of Effexor Withdrawal

Any Ideas of Effexor Withdrawal

I am just starting to come off 225mg Effexor a day prior to trying Mirtazipine. I have been on Effexor for about five years and they have been ace in the past but are now not really working. Four days into the staged withdrawal, I am starting to get v. anxious and depressed. I can actually feel myself starting to go down. All this is simply wonderful at Christmas!!!!! Does anyone have any ideas?

HI, I'm on mirtazapine for the past 5 years. Was put on Effexor to supplement it last summer. Was on 75mg for 3 months, then up to 150mg. A month later, I changed doctors and it was decided that the Effexor wasn't working for me so I started a phased withdrawal. I got back to 75mg but when I started to miss it a day or two a week, the anxiety kicked in again. My doc said to stop withdrawing until after Christmas when it may be easier to deal with.

This is my story, I'd be interested to hear anyone elses.

Love Jo xx

Jo

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

I am just starting to come off 225mg Effexor a day prior to trying Mirtazipine. I have been on Effexor for about five years and they have been ace in the past but are now not really working. Four days into the staged withdrawal, I am starting to get v. anxious and depressed. I can actually feel myself starting to go down. All this is simply wonderful at Christmas!!!!! Does anyone have any ideas?

<div align="right">Originally posted by Papageno - 21 December 2006 : 11:01:39</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Maybe you should ask for CBT this time, meds as a stand alone treatment isn't any good IMO. I've tried 5 different anti-d's and sadly none of them worked for me.
    It's ridiculous that doctors aren't obliged to discuss withdrawal with patients, before people decide to start a course of meds. The longest I wa son any med was citalopram (6 months or so) and the withdrawal effects lasted about 8 weeks. Hopefully it won't be as long for you.

Nel xxx

Thread Information