Thread: Need reassurance please

Need reassurance please

Hi all
    Last night I drank for first time since Jan as I had such a bad hangover then that it put me off drink for ages.
    Last night I had 1 and half bottles of white wine but apart from the first glass, I had half wine/half sparkling water in the glass as I was so afraid of getting a hangover. I did smoke though, as I do when I have a drink, again not since Jan. I had about 7 cigarettes.
    I didn't sleep great, about 3/4 hours.
    OMG.....I am at the peak of my anxiety today. NEVER AGAIN!!
    I find it hard to breathe, I am shaking all over, I am starving but can't eat. Trying to swallow spoonfuls of peanut butter. Ive had 4 anadin, 2 6 hours apart.
    I have an extremely horrible feeling of terrible fear and I am dizzy, feel out of it, terrified.
    I am on my own also which doesn't help.
    Will this go away? I feel like I am going to die. :-(

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:41 ----------

I think I must be allergic to alcohol. This has shown me that I definitely can not take it. My friends both had way more to drink than me. One is in work and says she feels a bit tired but is fine. The other one is out shopping and says she is fine also. She had so much more than me to drink. Is it because I am on b/p tabs? 25mg?

Re: Need reassurance please

Scary isn't it.

I had the "never again" moment a long time ago. I loved drinking being very inhibited but I could no longer handle waking up and remembering I'd drank the night before. It cranked my anxiety levels up so high I'd find it very uncomfortable all day and maybe a day or so after that. It just wasn't worth it so I stopped.

Listen to your favourite music, watch a film you love. Lots of liquids, eat to get your blood sugar and other levels back up. It'll be over in no time.
    Maybe some carby foods that will raise your serotonin levels, Pasta or something. I'd binge on noodles.

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with your meds. I wasn't on meds.
    It's very common.

Re: Need reassurance please

The nicotine in the cigarettes won't have done your anxiety any favours either.

Hope you are feeling better now.

Thread Information