Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cant trust anyone

cant trust anyone

It feels like everyone i get close to ends up hurting me. Im being played with and im not a toy to be messed with. My head is already a mess and i dont need this.

I just feel like keeping myself to myself, talking to no one and being a loner. I cant get hurt then. I know i have some amazing new friends on here but i just dont know if i can trust anyone anymore :'( i know some of you are here for me and i appreciate that. I just dont know anymorre... :'( hug would be appreciated right now and maybe advice xx
    Last edited by Soph18; 10-08-14 at 15:31.
    that is why they call it the present.

Re: cant trust anyone

Don't worry it's not bad! I stirred up arguments due to a lack of trust and ended up leaving a friendgroup, so I prefer sticking to friends who I've known with a long time. These are friends who've never messed around or talked behind my back.
    There are people like this, trust me

and yes, if you command, * hug

Hi Soph,
    I totally get where you are coming from I have been used mucked about let down hurt had my heart stampled on in more ways than one loved an lost made friends lost friends an still non the wiser as to why maybe I am thick but I know I have only ever been ever the best friend ever to people, but like you I have lost all faith an trust in people an I know not everyone is like that an I should listen to my true friends who most of which I have know since child hood so they know me inside an out literally an man up as they say I am far to soft for my own good I not hurt a fly ever point blank, yet for some reason like you I seem to end up hurt an have no idea why.
    I find myself nowadays questioning why is it wrong to ask people why they are the way they are to me its not wrong you just want to understand an now so you can move on I guess but somehow I never know so I am left wondering why all the time an probably make a fool out of myself in the process asking why as well an then I worry which I cant help as I have a huge heart an would take care of pretty much anyone so I like to know people are ok that's me an there is nothing wrong with being kind an caring yet I feel I cant do wrong for right anymore so a dessert island seems the best place an hope for a miracle one day.
    I would also like a hug if there is any going x

Sometimes when you have been in situations in the past where you have been treated badly by others it can make it difficult to know who you can trust. I used to think I had lots of friends but have realised I only have a few, but that's okay because I know I can trust them and they have been there to support me no matter what. Just one true friend is better than a whole bunch of others.
    It isn't always easy to know who we can and can't trust and we can get hurt a lot on the way, these are all learning experiences. Sending hugs to you and any one else here who needs them

I agree Annie sometimes I think I try to hard with people an I shouldn't because they don't care back like I care an people get so funny nowadays still wish I knew the answers to a lot of things but guess that is the six million dollar question I will never know regarding some stuff but at least I know I am a good person an wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone always the other way round. We live in a very self centered world nowadays an I think of myself last but that's just me.
    You build up trust with people an think you know them then something comes an you think you never did know them it will always amaze me how quickly people can become negative towards others an forget all the good guess that is the way of the world. Still the dessert island seems the right idea no stress no hassle an maybe I might chill out, I find my tolerance levels are non exisistant lately an I don't like that but I do have a lot of everyday stress with work an family health etc an also just been the adoption process that is stressful in it you have to be above an above good for that x

Pinkypants, unfortunately it is usually the most caring people who get walked all over and taken advantage of. I have learned to be more assertive of people and not to want people to always 'like' me. If they can't like me for who I am then I don't need them. It has taken me a long time to realise that but I am some really good friends now.

I have heard it said "what other people think of me is none of my business! Meaning that if they have anything to say about me, that's "their stuff". I know it's hard when you're hurting to not over-analyze. And worry about what you've said, and what others have thought or said about you. But it really is "their stuff", not your problem to fix.

Focus on the amazing new friends, ignore the rest. Find threads that interest you, and feel free to join in. Start a new thread about something that has helped you. Respond to friendly posts.

You don't need to retreat completely. That would only make your depression and anxiety worse. Put yourself first and you will find lots of support from others who are truly trying to get well.
    Marie xx

Most of my friends I have known since I was a baby or a young child so grown up together others I have made over the years but I have kept the same circle of friends for many years now with the exception of a some that have come an gone an some who ditched me out with no warning or reason which I would love to know why maybe I scare people being to nice or caring who knows x

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------
    Last edited by poshpants; 10-08-14 at 19:24.

Rhank you all for your suppprt. It is just hard has i have been hurt physically and mentally soo many times in the past and it is so hard. I sont know whp to trust, who to push aeay, who to keep. I just want to be happy again that just seems impossible right now! I know who i can trust on here and that is all you guys who commented. Thank you Sadnomore, Annie, pinkypants and everyone else who commented gor support. Means a lot. I just feel like leaving... :'(
    that is why they call it the present.

Don't leave Sophie, you need the support and I know you have had lots from many of the members here. Even if it is just a place to get things off your chest. It always helps to have a rant to someone . Try to have a relaxing evening xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information