Thread: Diazepam 2mg

Diazepam 2mg

Evening everyone,

I have a couple of questions about Valium. I've been prescribed it for a flight new week (I'm not scared of flying as such, just very claustrophobic and can't stand the thought of being stuck in a tin can in the air!!).

Anyway, my doctor prescribed me 1-2 2mg tablets and told me to try before I go. I've had one 2mg tablet today (after several failed attempts as I was terrified if feeling out of control!) and haven't felt any difference other than tiredness. If I try and take 2 will this increase the drowsiness?

Also, I've read so much about not mixing with alcohol but my doctor seemed fairly laid back about it. The flights at 6:30am, will I be ok with a few glasses of wine that evening? I'm with the in laws so will need it ;-)

Thanks in advance x x x

Re: Diazepam 2mg

Twice the dose is likely to make you more drowsy but hopefully also more relaxed. 2mg is a low dose anyway and even doubling it to 4mg is not a lot, although it should do the job unless you have tolerance from using them previously.

Mixing large amounts of Valium and Alcohol can be dangerous. Smaller amounts is not really recommended but plenty of people do. The main problem is that the two drugs mix together and strengthen the effect of each other, meaning you will get more tired and drunk more quickly.

The proper advice would be to avoid the alcohol all together, but if you decide you want a drink then have a small drink and drink it more slowly than normal so you don't suddenly find yourself blind drunk!

Re: Diazepam 2mg

I have 2 mg as needed for sleep and usually it is enough for me. I find that when I am really anxious I will take 4 mg (not often) and it helps me fall asleep. I never have felt out of it or loopy on it, but everybody is different.

I think if you took it at 6:30 AM you would be fine by evening, but like the above poser said, everybody is different and go slowly.

Thread Information