Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palsm 23 & Mark 4 vrss37-42

Palsm 23 & Mark 4 vrss37-42

hi guys i dont know what everyones beliefs are but the above titles i have found to be extremely helpful and elp re-build the strength within

the first is The Lord is My Shepard, its about guiding you out of the darkness and dispair in our lives, , i find saying this out load three times a day very very helpful. sometimes we all need someone to lead us and we find that no human person can do this. in times like this urning to God brings deep comfort and strength, even a prayer said in vain or a prayer you think is going un heard is always heard.

the next is The Calming of the Storm, where Jesus tells the wind to stop and the waves to be still, this transalted into todays terms is very important to those of us who suffer from anxiety and depression,

the wind represents our fears and depression , and the waves the feels we have in our bodies,

and when Jesus said Quiet and Be still, its really telling our fears and anxiety to leave us, and let us rest in peace.

again i find this helps me if i read it out loud three times day.

i hope this can be of help to you.

and i pray that we all find the peace and relaxation in our lives, WE ARE ALL GOOD PEOPLE WITH WARM LOVING HEARTS<

everytime we make a prayer for strength , its always answered as we always wake to another day, ,

NEVER GIVE UP OR GIVE IN,

God Bless

Stephen.

Amen.

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

Hi Stephen

Everyone has different beliefs but if we can find something to give us comfort and hope then it must be good.

Personally i use affirmations from Louise L Hay and I find comfort in them and as you say all this positive thinking gives us inner strength.

May you have a peaceful christmas and cherish each special moment that life brings

Take care

Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

Darkangel I am a Louise Hay fan too - I have some of her books, cd's and affirmation cards, I find the odd thing cheesy but like she says, you can just take what you need and is right for you at the time - so I do!!

Stephen it's lovely to find reassurance and support where you can hun and I know many people who find great solace in their religions - whatever the faith.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Thank you for that!!
    I never thought of the calming of the storm in that way! It really is a great way to look at it and I will use that one
    xxx
    Sandy

Another Louise Hay fan here too but also Doreen Virtue but affirmations have been trememdous in my times of need.

Stephen I think its important to respect all beliefs and never say 'what I believe is right' and everyone is as entitled to their beliefs as the next person.

For me its what the person 'can' relate to and wishes to follow seems right for this life! Faith is tremendous and can bring extreme comfort in whichever forms it takes.

Thank you for sharing Steven and by sharing you give someone a chance to find their comfort they are looking for!

Personally through spiritualism I have found my beliefs in the Angels and through reading tarot and oracle cards can give others some answers they are looking for. However, many faiths conflict, many faiths don't give appreciation that maybe their way isn't the only 'right' way. Its all about interpretation, faith and love and how you wish to perceive these.

God bless

love Sax xxxx

Thanks for those Stephen. I like footsteps, it is quite inspiring:

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was
    walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the
    sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he
    noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one
    belonging to him, and the other to the Lord. When
    the last scene of his life flashed before him, he
    looked back at the footprints in the sand. He
    noticed that many times along the path of his life
    there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed
    that it happened at the very lowest and saddest
    times in his life. This really bothered him and he
    questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, You said that
    once I decided to follow you, You'd walk with me all
    the way. But I have noticed that during the most
    troublesome times in my life, there is only one set
    of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed
    you most you would leave me." The Lord replied,
    "My son, My precious child, I love you and I would
    never leave you. During your times of trial and
    suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it
    was then that I Carried You."

hey nel

can i just add to your footsteps

and then the man looked at he sand and seen the footprints where all over the sand,

and the man turned to God and said

" Lord why our the footsteps this way?"

the Lord looked at the man and smiled cheerfully and replied,

"why my son thats when we danced"

Sax,

I have Doreen Virtue cards too - I have the Dolphins and Mermaids set, Unicorn set and an Angel set. I do readings just for the piglets and myself and I find them wonderfully uplifting.

I think sometimes it can be the most odd moments when you read or hear something that speaks to you and this may come from a very unexpected source. I've learnt to cherish these moments for what they are and store them in my 'positive' bank to be drawn out and used as needed.

Nel - that particular piece is a one that speaks to me too.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi Airwolf,

I have found my faith in God a great help in the dark days. I was confirmed in June this year and have found such comfort and peace in church. Its good to know other people share my beliefs, I have been anxious about being too open as a member of the 'God Squad' as I appreciate that there are many people who think its not for them.
    TC xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information