Thread: Digestive concerns (Sorry)

Question Digestive concerns (Sorry)

Hi All,

I've been getting increasingly concerned lately regarding my digestive system.

I've recently started getting a lot of heartburn and stomach pains again, which gets worse when I eat.
    Yesterday I felt sick and nausea all day, and did not feel like eating much.

I have also had a lot of constipation and have been unable to pass big amounts of stool (sorry guys).

I keep getting pains throughout my abdomen, especially on the right side (both lower and upper).

I'm slightly concerned as I remember reading a long time ago about gallbladder problems and that they can cause this kind of thing. I am also concerned it could be even more serious, like the BIG C.

I'm only 20, and constantly feel sick and like I do not want to eat.

I have lost over 3 stone in 4-5 months also

Please can people give me some advice?

My doctor did mention that she thought it was IBS, but I don't understand how.

Re: Digestive concerns (Sorry)

3 stone in 3 months is a lot.... is that unexplained loss or have you been off your food?

I have been off my food a bit, and I was dieting for part of it

It does seem to have slowed down a little bit

I'd see a doctor, is there any family history of gastrointestinal disorders? I.e. IBD, IBS, Crohnes Disease, Coeliac disease etc

hi there,

although I am not a doctor my first thought while reading all this was that you had IBS-C. people with IBS tend to get a lot of various stomach pains, constipation and/or diarrhea, lack of appetite, nausea, etc.

I recommend talking to your doctor about fixing the constipation problem because there are ways to deal with that! also hopefully your doctor will give you tests so you can get a diagnoses.

I wouldn't worry! I'm 21 years old with a 'possible' diagnoses of IBS as well. we just have to keep going to the doctor until they give the final diagnoses and then work on managing it. If you're not already, I've been keeping a bm, food, and stomach pain journal which I'd recommend bringing to your doctor.

hope everything works out.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information